CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Whats on the 954 X-mas list??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats on the 954 X-mas list??

Some of you guys just have to have some wants that were asked for. Me?? well the only thing that I know I asked for is the rest of my Cortech luggage?? Yep I find the 954 a long distance hauler. I'm buying the Mrs. a Honda 600RR this year so I think I'm worth the luggage.lol I also asked for a GPS mount. Whether they found what I'm looking for I don't know?? What about you guys???

Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by BadS1
Some of you guys just have to have some wants that were asked for. Me?? well the only thing that I know I asked for is the rest of my Cortech luggage?? Yep I find the 954 a long distance hauler. I'm buying the Mrs. a Honda 600RR this year so I think I'm worth the luggage.lol I also asked for a GPS mount. Whether they found what I'm looking for I don't know?? What about you guys???
A conceal/carry permit.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Don't booger up a X-mas thread.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:56 PM

... Yep I find the 954 a long distance hauler. ....
I totally agree.

Besides its great timeless good looks, its sport bike performance, and its typical Honda build quality/reliability . . . additionally, I bought my 954 for its sport touring capabilities. It provides decent comfort for the long hauls and it doesn't have a powerplant needing to scream all the time to be near its red-line to be happy. More often than not, I throw on soft bags: tank, saddle, and tail. I then head up the Pacific Coast Highway.

I got the 954 some early gifts: Oberon fuel cap, EVO TECH Performance exhaust hanger, and Yana Shiki stainless steel brake lines.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Cool

Don't booger up a X-mas thread.
Alright, alright. A new toolbox, because I have way too many tool to fit in my box.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by 9fiftyfour
I totally agree.

Besides its great timeless good looks, its sport bike performance, and its typical Honda build quality/reliability . . . additionally, I bought my 954 for its sport touring capabilities. It provides decent comfort for the long hauls and it doesn't have a powerplant needing to scream all the time to be near its red-line to be happy. More often than not, I throw on soft bags: tank, saddle, and tail. I then head up the Pacific Coast Highway.

I got the 954 some early gifts: Oberon fuel cap, EVO TECH Performance exhaust hanger, and Yana Shiki stainless steel brake lines.
I seen the pics of your bike. Gotta say it really looks nice. I bought mine a year ago. Bone stock from orginal owner 717 miles on the clicker. I put a Corbin on it and a Arrow pipe. I did 450 mile day on it within the first week, No Fatigue.... couldn't believe it.lol Can't wait for riding season again. My wife sold her Buell a year ago because she was in school and work. She just didn't have the time. But when she did she took on the 954 and loved it. She wants a 600RR. That just happened. Found a 2300 mile 2007. Can't wait to ride to the Indy GP and Road America next year.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:18 PM

I seen the pics of your bike. Gotta say it really looks nice. I bought mine a year ago. Bone stock from orginal owner 717 miles on the clicker. I put a Corbin on it and a Arrow pipe. I did 450 mile day on it within the first week, No Fatigue.... couldn't believe it.lol Can't wait for riding season again. My wife sold her Buell a year ago because she was in school and work. She just didn't have the time. But when she did she took on the 954 and loved it. She wants a 600RR. That just happened. Found a 2300 mile 2007. Can't wait to ride to the Indy GP and Road America next year.
Coming from my fully mod'd living room queen Ducati 998 (used for the rare track day, a canyon run, or, dare I say it, a Starbucks run) . . .

Name:  DSC01022_lores.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  89.5 KB
Name:  DSC01109_lores.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  92.6 KB

. . . to the comfort of sitting on the 954, I can very loosely compare it to sitting "in" a Honda Gullwing. The RR is very comfortable. The 998's, or any Ducati superbike for that matter, ergos is very aggressive. Not to mention, the angry Italian lady is happier touching her red-line, screaming. After three years with the hot tempered Italian mistress, it was time for a girl I can take anywhere.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^

hahahaha

the 954 would be like sitting on a damn cruiser compared to the 998. but i'd love to have one of those someday. teenie tiny lil bikes... (actually i think i'll wait for a panigale tho)

as far as my x-mas list for the 954....

hmmm.... for my fighter -

-new triangle plates that make the bike ride right with the vfr arm (cnc)
-stiffer spring for the shock
-an answer as to how i can convert the sensors on the 954 to work with an 08 - 11 1000rr ECU (if -not i know i can do 2006-07 1000rr)
-1000rr seat (08-11)
-carbon fiber underpanel

and as far as the repsol -

- a buyer (yup, i'm sellin' her). i have to find a new project to work on. and the extra money i get could be used to rebuild the motor for my fighter.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carrozzeria Tri-R wheels......Ohlins......and some Galfer or Braking Wave rotors! Does not need to be in that order. You hear that Santa? Carriers and Sprocket for my Wheels can go into my Stocking!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Velocity stacks, ignition advancer, dyno tune and custom map, factory pro evo shift kit, sato rearsets, stainless lines, rc51 sp2 wheels, -1/+2 520 conversion, intergrated taillight, etc. Only a few goodies.....lol

Quick Reply: Whats on the 954 X-mas list??