CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

What OIL do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
LC1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What OIL do you use?

Just bought four liters of the repsol full synthetic. Wanted the royal purple bought all the places that sell it are out, and i needed an oil change before Sundays ride. Any one want to share what they know? Does Full syn help reduce engine temp? I have heard of it actually in creaseing temp in some bikes. Any and all input is much obliged.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Default RE: What OIL do you use?

Mine seem to heat up a little more with full syn. Nothing worth talking about though. The bike runs much smoother now that I've switched to Mobil 1 full syn.

Make sure you change your filter too

Old 08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

mobil 1 full syn 10w-40... and i see your pretty new so id also like to suggest you use the search function. someof themost highly debated topics that have been covered over and over and over again are; which tires are best ,which grade gas to ue and which oil is best

Old 08-25-2007, 06:03 PM

always use at least 100 octane fuel, continental tires, and regualr castrol oil. your bike will love you...

J/K. I use motul 10w40 syn blend.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:17 AM
LC1

Okay okay, old topic. Dammit, i thought i was on to something. I do appreciate the "fresh, i just baked it this morning" advice. So...thank you. seems like a lot of members in the stale advice history under the FUAQ section were using mobil, as well as a couple of you. Well i put in the repsol, i like it. temp drops ARE significant and worth the switch. However still running hot here in AZ, in traffic. can't fix that i guess...unless i change over to nitrogen filled Michelins, and maybe some "octane booster" in the "VP Racing fuel" that i run regularly. That should "cool" things down. I was running the castrol that stuff is no bueno man. I can now aggree that it is better to spend more on quality oil.
PS. Still wont buy the Mobil. Just wont....thats why.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:55 AM

I like the Royal P. Max Cycle. But I also find it hard to find in my area. I have a batch of the Repsol here I am going to give a try. I have used Silkolene synth. and like it a lot also.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:59 AM

I have had Mobil 1 full syn from day one so I do not know about the temp change, but I will say I use watter wetter in both of my bikes. and it drops the temp about ave 5 deg.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:23 PM

last guy used castrol in the bike but when it cokmes up for this next time its getting silkolene