CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

tying bike down for transport

Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tying bike down for transport

Getting ready to move in a couple weeks and have yet to ever tie down my bike and haul it. What is the best way to do so without rubbing any of my plastics? I have kinda looked it over and am not quite sure yet how I will do it

Old 08-22-2011, 11:06 AM

Run ratchet straps from the front wheel area up parallel with the forks and attach to the triple tree.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:13 AM

I will probably have to make new hook points on my trailer to be a little closer then, huh?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 AM

What I always do and have had no problems with fairing rub yet is, run two ratchet straps from the triple tree to each side of the trailer. And one strap from the pegs, through the rim, etc. to pull it back. Lastly anywhere the straps come into contact with the fairings, wrap a soft towel around the strap.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Thanks man. Just don't wanna hurt my baby, lol

Old 08-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 PM

Damn, now that's nice!! I'm getting one of those!!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Canyone Dancers are too expensive. They make "Hook and Eyelid" type attachments that are designed for motorcycles. Go to any car store (pepboys/autozone) and buy some seat belt cushions that are on clearance, wrap those around the straps, where they contact the fairings, that are attached to the handgrips/heli bars and tie those down to the front of the trailer. Take two more tie downs and tie them through each of the rear foot pegs "V" and attach them to the rear of the trailer. I had this set up on my bike in the back of my truck and made it from South Texas to MD (1900 miles). Don't tighten the front down too tight, if you ride on rough roads, and I heard you can bust your fork seals...don't know how true that is. Sorry for the length of this post, hopes it helps... PM if you need clarification.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:09 PM

[quote=Trey929RR;1092432]Don't tighten the front down too tight, if you ride on rough roads, and I heard you can bust your fork seals...don't know how true that is.quote]

Ya thats true as far as i know, i havent had it happen but have always been told so. I know for dirt bikes your "Supposed" to use a spacer block so you dont bottom out the front forks.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Canyone Dancers are too expensive. They make "Hook and Eyelid" type attachments that are designed for motorcycles. Go to any car store (pepboys/autozone) and buy some seat belt cushions that are on clearance, wrap those around the straps, where they contact the fairings, that are attached to the handgrips/heli bars and tie those down to the front of the trailer. Take two more tie downs and tie them through each of the rear foot pegs "V" and attach them to the rear of the trailer. I had this set up on my bike in the back of my truck and made it from South Texas to MD (1900 miles). Don't tighten the front down too tight, if you ride on rough roads, and I heard you can bust your fork seals...don't know how true that is. Sorry for the length of this post, hopes it helps... PM if you need clarification.
I don't quite see where they are expensive??? By far a great investment and it makes sure no contact or rubbing in any way.

KneeDraggers.com - Search Results for

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tying bike down for transport