CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

top speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: top speed

Well.......if you actually want to know the top speed of your bike...............get a GPS or a cop with a radar and go for a spin. That was your original question right? "How fast is a 954?" FAST!!!! That's how fast it is. Every bike/rider combo will be a little different. Stock, it will not break 180mph with out pushing it out of a C-130 cargo plane at 30,000 feet. It will also go faster than 165mph so..........there you go, it's fast as hell.

As for the GSX-R.......I was just giving you a heads up that if you mess with one for real............dont put money on it because even a 1st generation one will whip your *** from a roll on!! Just a heads up that sparked some good converstation.

Now........no one here has probably actually TOPPED their bike out with a radar or anything similar. Do some research on the internet man.
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...rs/index4.html

THERE.........the one they tested on THAT day went 164mph. It might have been windy........who knows, but that was a radar gun verified published top speed. Does that help?
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...rs/index8.html
There are the top speeds for a GSX-R.......the 1st generations are VERY fast..........as are the new ones. Good luck.

I hope this helps a little. We're just here to help man.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

i think your are the one sucking up to much fumes if you say that in an honest race you beat a 1k enough to stop and look back and he was still comming...well i agree with gixxereater he was trying to hustle you...you got your answer...
well as far as the fumes go I can attest to that, but I promise you at the end of the night he was looking my bike over looking for a turbo... truth is I can launch like crazy from all my strip time in the car and he didn't know anything except his bike went fast in a straight line. Plus I think he was shifting too late.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 AM

well then you raced a gut that dont know how to ride........havent you been reading the feedback...

Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 PM

more than likely he was racing a guy wit no riding experience that was thinkin when he walked into the dealership "i wanna be cool, give me the biggest bike u got!" yes the new gixers are crazy but why is it noone believes a gixer can be beat and he's just gettin hustled? gixxereater ill give it to u cuz i dont underestimate anybody you probaly are great at drag racing but noone is at the same level as the next rider whether it be better or worse. how did i contridict myself? "if u cant ride, a 600 cant stomp ur azz, its all bout riding experience" bajaroots is not sniffin to many fumes cuz he beat a gixer wit a 954 ive beat and been beatin by gixers 1000's, zx's, and r1, just sounds to me that we gotta lotta cbr owners who are on the gixer pole (not hating but ride that pole![:'(]). i guess i love this forum so much cuz a simple question can turn into a year long thread, bajaroots imma congradulate ya and not hate ya or critisize ya! keep eatin gixers!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:09 PM

I gotta laugh i guess i deserve getting cussed out i guess i didnt know my simple question could turn into a big discussion. The story goes the gixxer guy can ride but he does not have near enough seat time as me , i take time when i ride to learn my gears ,the attitude of the bike and jus getting to know how to get the most out of my bike . I dont go around racing and boasting ,i jus love to ride so i want to be an expert. The gixxer guy boasts alot, i know the gixxer is way faster than my bike ,but if you dont fully know your bike then you got problems .I jus got tired of hearing how hondas cant hold their own , and i know my gears well so thats how i can get away from him and make him work to catch me. Oh and if youre wondering about the color of my font thats the color he painted the gixxer (magenta).So all you gixxer lovers out there (up yours)Big ups to pimpn cbr and the rest of you.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 AM

here you go guys....article with the gsxr and the 954.....road tests and all http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ro...onda_cbr954rr/

....look as for ur asnwer....that guy was playing with you...you wanna race a gsxr...i will take you to the strip and run you...i have a 02 gsxr 1000 and id bet 5g's with you having 4 bike lengths id walk on you. but...at the same time...i love my 954...as for the top speed being in the 160 range...its a little higher then that...although stock torque is only around 66-68 lbs of torque its still a fast bike....i ride both bikes...i do like the 954 more..but i do admit the gsxr is faster...

Old 06-11-2007, 11:23 AM

It was only contradictory because you said it doesn't take any skill to go fast in a straight line but that a good rider on a 600 can walk a 1000..........that takes skill. That's all. And no....I haven't taken my 1000 to a strip, nor my 900RR for that matter. I raced my car for 10+ years, and my 600 Hurricane so I can hold my own..........but I wouldnt say I'm good. Could a 954 beat a GSX-R? Under the right circumstances I'm sure it could.......at a race track (road course) sure as hell it can. My 900RR can out run MUCH more powerful bikes, just because of rider ability and momentum.

Hell......who cares. If 130+RWHP isn't fast enough.......well, it is.
Good luck..........keep on eating up Gixxers for us.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: bajaroots

I gotta laugh i guess i deserve getting cussed out i guess i didnt know my simple question could turn into a big discussion. The story goes the gixxer guy can ride but he does not have near enough seat time as me , i take time when i ride to learn my gears ,the attitude of the bike and jus getting to know how to get the most out of my bike . I dont go around racing and boasting ,i jus love to ride so i want to be an expert. The gixxer guy boasts alot, i know the gixxer is way faster than my bike ,but if you dont fully know your bike then you got problems .I jus got tired of hearing how hondas cant hold their own , and i know my gears well so thats how i can get away from him and make him work to catch me. Oh and if youre wondering about the color of my font thats the color he painted the gixxer (magenta).So all you gixxer lovers out there (up yours)Big ups to pimpn cbr and the rest of you.

see if you would have explained the suituation the first time you probly would not have got so much negative feedback....now all of us are in here because we love our 954 and most of us can ride the hell out of them...but what we are trying to say...TWO RIDERS OF THE SAME SKILL ON EACH OF THESE BIKES...THE 1K WILL WIN....like gixxereater said ...no two riders are at the same skill....if you took this 1k for real then i give you props.....i have my wins and loses with 1ks but i have to admit that i have more loses than wins...

Old 06-30-2007, 05:48 AM

how do you guys get your 954's so fast. My brother said his head was shaking like crazy at 140.

Quick Reply: top speed