CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

throttle sticking

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle sticking

my throttle wont return on its own i was wonderin if any one has a quick fix before i spend a fortune

Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: throttle sticking

there are a few things.. how is the throttle in general? is it normal, how does it return.. NOT at all or just a little slower? could just need to lube the assemly up.. or you need to lift tank and top of air box and adjust the cables

Old 03-09-2008, 10:00 PM

WONT RETURN AT ALL i have it all off now i will lube it up tommorow then make the adjustment

Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 PM

Also check your barend,if you over tighten it then your throttle will get stuck.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

yea.. if u did any work on that side of the clip on/switchs, if u over tighten some screws it wont return.. there is a adjustment on the switch there.. if you can't get it you might have a problem by the throttle bodies.. i was riding on the highway one day and one of my cables fully got loose and feel off the plate by the throttle boddies i had to rig something up to get home, then fix it..

Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 PM

problem solved there was some build up under the thottle what a ****ing difference i dont think i will ever ride another brand there is even more power there like i said before i m new to honda i love that bike just got new fairings for it 4200 later she will be beutiful

Old 03-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Banned

that's good, usually a problem is pretty simple.. ask here first.. dealerships will rob you, woulda told you a story and had a good hour worth of labor to fix that

Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 PM

thats about what it took but i had some other things to do first ,the throttle response is like nothing i have ever felt on a bike. unless its something major ill do it myself i just need to bring my good tools home from work would make it even easier i think, that was the last thing i had to do, now just have to put the fairings on and it will be ready for the season even though its cold and i m still riding. i think im hanging up race cars and going with bikes

Old 03-10-2008, 07:50 PM

Good job on fixing it. Some times they will get pinched near the front of the air box for some reason. They are routed the same way on the 929 and that's how I found out.

Usually If I get caught in the rain, when I get home, I'll use a motion pro cable luber that actually goes around the end of the cable(s). Then I just the nozzle and spray until it comes out the other end. Make sure you have a rag around the end so the lube doesn't seep out all over. One product I have found very good is this stuff called....

Bowman 7-77 Plus. It is penetrating oil plus teflon & molly lubricants No. 21877. Has great moisture protection. I have tried about 50 products and this is the best so far.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:54 PM

i use all aviation lubes there great and since thats what i do for a living there free boeing makes a great cable lube i dont kno if u can get it anywhere else its a purple foam that gets in everywhere thanks for the tip

Quick Reply: throttle sticking