CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

tested out my new gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tested out my new gear

so, today was an effin great day. spent the whole day putting it to the twisties, in a way i've never done before. it was amazing, the roads we were on were amazing, it was good times....till the end

coming around a hard left turn, got into it a little hot, but had it stable, then i saw a small patch of gravel (tiny gravel, like big sand almost) right in my path....and only a few feet ahead.

low sided, and slid down the road for a little bit. watched my bike slide, thought it was gonna just slide off the road into a patch of grass, then it bit into the asphalt, and went airborne.

right then i thought, son of a bitch, there go all my parts. it flipped around in the air and landed the first time, almost straight up, cracking the pointy end of my tail pretty much off.
it came to rest back on its left side, and other than the tail, and the mirror that was laying next to it, it looked ok....except the big puddle of oil coming out from under it.

all in all, it wasnt too bad, just a stater cover, a tail fairing, a mirror, and a couple odds and ends, that i'll discover when i take it apart tomorrow.

as for me, i'm pretty much fine, a little sore from a day of hard riding, banged my elbow, shoulder, and pinky...all of which are fine, just a little sore. not too bad. this might sound funny, but, i gotta say, i feel pretty good about my first crash. it didnt rattle me, it didnt instill a fear of riding, i'll be back on 2 as soon as i can get some parts and get her back together.

i guess i'll probably paint it while i have it apart, since i need to paint the tail, and upper anyway. we'll see.

here are a couple of camera phone pics of the damage...i'll get better ones tomorrow

Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Default RE: tested out my new gear

just wanted to add.

if you ride, and do it with no riding gear on...you may wanna rethink that.

i've been riding since i was 18, i'm 32 now. i've never crashed till today, and i was in full gear. looking at my gear, i realize that if i were wearing sneakers, a t-shirt, and some jeans, i'd have a hell of alot of rash, probably a broken ankle, hand, head,and who knows what else...and for those of you that dont wear helmets....i dont even know what to tell you.

i walked away with a bruise and a sore spot on my arm that will go away the day after tomorrow. thank god for proper riding gear.

frame sliders are ok too

Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Just curious were you wearing the new leathers? and how did they fare? Sorry not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything, just curious as im thinking of some.

Also are those Shogun sliders? if ya just messed up the one send me a pm, i had to buy new ones when i went down this spring and just needed one, so i have an extra new one yet if ya need.

Best of luck getting her back together and riding again soon.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 PM

yep, i was wearing the leathers, boots, gloves...the whole works.

we knew what we were going out there to do today,so we were all geared up for it. they fared extremely well. for my regular riding i'll still just wear my jacket and regular gloves, but i doubt i'll ever do any real riding without my gear on anymore.

it was such an amazing feelingsliding so far and fast and not feeling a lick of it. it was great, and i feel really good about my gear now.

i wont be reckless on purpose or anything, i just know how good it is now, and i feel alot better knowing that.

EDIT: hell yeah, if you have an extra slider, i'd be happy to take it off your hands. =)
i dont know what brand mine are though, they came with the bike. is there a way i can check?

Old 06-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I will take a pic of it tomorrow and pm it to ya, if it looks like it matches then i guess it dont matter the brand . If it looks good enough, paypal me or send me a check to cover the shipping and i will send it out. I will see what else i have left that might help ya out, let ya know tomorrow afternoon.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 AM

Be careful you have those twins to take care of....Was that on jakes ride?they get pretty wild out there.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 AM

that was on jake's ride. it was me, him and redliner.
gotr1 came but got pulled over like 3 miles from our starting point, and went home like 10 minutes later.

dunno if i'd call it wild as much as i'd say it was intense.
Jake is an amazing rider, wish i was going down to vir with that group this weekend. damn booked up trackdays.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:43 AM

Yeah he a fast dode...I wanted to come out but didnt feel like mach1ing it all day.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:45 AM

give me a shout when you get her back together im in north brunswick.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:53 AM

oh nice, thats close.

turns out i need a new passenger seat too...busted the locking bracket off of it, cant be fixed =(

possibly a left clipon too...unless i can just adjust it...we'll see.

Quick Reply: tested out my new gear