Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TANK SLAPPED

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Bah if you clones would ever try something new, you might find a better product
meaning?????

Old 07-27-2007, 01:37 AM

Whats funny is that when I had my 954 and when the front would get light it would do the same thing. My brother took it to 140 and it was shaking like crazy. My new 06 1000 has never shimmied on the front and i've taken it to 160 and get the front end up all the time. I would recommend buying an 06-07 1000. You get about 15 more horsies and a much more stable bike because it has that hed thingey.Just kidding new bikes are bank and you can get a damper for like 3-500 bucks. Definately get one though because the 954 is shakey

Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Meaning just seems like everyone here always uses or recamends the same things, gotta be ohlins or scotts dampners, gotta use pilot power tires, there are others i cant think of at 4am. I have a Storz dampner, not many other people do, butguess what, i like it way better then the Scotts or Ohlins i had prior, but no one will care because its not gonna break into the mainstream. I'm not trying to bash or hate, a lot of the things people rec. are great products. I dont know where i am going with this anymore, its late and im confused, and completely lost my train of thought.Anyhow i didnt mean any disrespect Outsider, sorry if it came off that way, i just think more people should think outside the box once in a while, and if passed along we could all find some cool new toys to use instead of all our bikes looking the same.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:06 AM

Meaning just seems like everyone here always uses or recamends the same things, gotta be ohlins or scotts dampners, gotta use pilot power tires, there are others i cant think of at 4am. I have a Storz dampner, not many other people do, butguess what, i like it way better then the Scotts or Ohlins i had prior, but no one will care because its not gonna break into the mainstream. I'm not trying to bash or hate, a lot of the things people rec. are great products. I dont know where i am going with this anymore, its late and im confused, and completely lost my train of thought.Anyhow i didnt mean any disrespect Outsider, sorry if it came off that way, i just think more people should think outside the box once in a while, and if passed along we could all find some cool new toys to use instead of all our bikes looking the same.
Name:  thumbup.gif
Views: 18
Size:  139 Bytes- we're cool-never once looked like any disrespect,just wondering what you meant!!
you are right some riders should look outside the box for their parts-or atleast understand
how and what the parts do-other then the bling-bling factor

Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 AM
VP

sounds like somebody is a little insecure about their dampner...[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 AM

Here's some food for thought...

Pistion style damper are the only type of damper that have active resistance, as opposed to the rotary ones. I'm running a twin chamber active resistant Toby piston style. The rotary style are nice, but limited to minimal settings, where as the pistion style aren't and therefore have many more microadjustments. Plus, with just a 2 inch movement with your left thumb, you can adjust the dampen resistence ****, while riding (whether stunting or agressive), and opposed to taking your hand off the clip on completely to readjust. Peformance is great, but functionality, ease of use, are right up there.

I agree with a previous poster on getting of main stream. How many of us have actually had the chance(s) to test multiple dampers?? I'm no expert, but have been riding 20 years and am always on top of technology when it comes to my bikes.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Hey Vpsophmore, what if i am a bit insecure? Will you be there for me if i need a hug [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
VP

Fo sho!

Quick Reply: TANK SLAPPED