CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Take a look at let me know what you think?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take a look at let me know what you think?!

I am going to try and see this tomorrow sometime, but let me know what you guys think. 2003 CBR954RR
any help is appreciated. what could the problem be, easy fix, good price things like that

Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 PM

this is what the guy had to say "Hey ill send the video tomorrow its on my computor. Also the price is negotiable.. I don't believe the bike was ever wrecked. It was a stunt bike and that's what its fully set up for now. If your looking for a everyday rider id recomend changing the sprocket on it.. as I said in the ad the bike runs and from everything I've read its a cam shaft position sensor."

Old 03-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hey man.... so you found a 954... and you want to fighter it out dont you? they are sweet.

as far as the bike, no way.... not for anything near that price.... id say $1000 tops....

the only reason... he has no idea whats wrong with it. he said "from what i've read..." there could be something seriously wrong with it. and as far as it never being wrecked... its a stunt bike... they're built to wreck... you don't get good at stunting unless you dump it a lot. and i doubt the main frame is tweaked, but the subframe could easily be tweaked. if he pulled a lot of really long wheelies, the motor could be junked because of the way the oil pump sucks up the oil from the pan (think about it, if the bike is pointed up in the air, there is no oil for the strainer to get to because all the oil is back in the gears).

and are you mechanically inclined? like, if you got the bike and the bearings and rings were fried, would you be squared away to take it apart and replace them if its not just the cam position sensor.

for example, i bought a pristine 2003 titanium 954 that had a "mysterious engine knock". he was a scooter mechanic from miami and said that he didn't know how to tear down engines. he was looking for a replacement engine on ebay, and didn't want to spend all that money, so he was just taking his losses and selling it. the gears ended up being trashed along with the valves in the head... (no engine knock though). and i got it for $2000. but like i said, visually it was perfect, you could tell it hadn't been down, everything besides the engine was immaculate. i was able to sell the fairings off of it for a lotta good money, and some other parts that i decided i didn't need.

this bike has no fairings, its definitely been down a few times and it doesnt run.... you can't get any money out of it if you decide to part it out (because there is not much else valuable on it) if you figure out that you can't use the bike.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:20 PM

Yeah I absoulty agree, sound like the same kinda guy I bought my bike from but a lot less money b/c he was an !d!ot. I paid 700 bucks for mine 26k but its been down before but luckly he had sliders on it and the tranny was "clanking" said it was the nut backed off the clutch basket long story short tear it down tranny was ripped you can read my thread(dreaded tranny prob) wayyy too much money and wayy too many unknowns, they'll play dumb like they don't know whats wrong with it b/c he's not gonna say yep the engine is F'ed up. Good Luck Bro

Old 03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not no, but phuq NO!!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:21 PM

This is a rubbish ,a handsome bike don't look like that end the price .... i don't have a word for this . Sorry men that is NOT your ride

Old 03-26-2011, 08:00 PM

I live right outside of Hopewell, if he's talking about Virginia. But 2500? He's out of his f*cking mind! 1000.00 tops

Old 03-26-2011, 08:23 PM

Wow, that is an insane price..

Old 03-26-2011, 09:14 PM

yeah thats what i thought and after further talking to him im not even getting into it. thanks for the advice though. these damn cbr 900, no matter what year, are a b!tch to come by used. apparently those of you that have them dont want to get rid of them. i just want to join the group of the big boys

Old 03-26-2011, 09:43 PM

It looks like ****! I wouldn't give you $500 for it. It's clearly someones beat down stunt bike.