CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

slip on exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip on exhaust question

hey i had a question im considering purchasing a leo vince slip on exhaust for my 03 954 and i wanted to know that by adding a slip on exhaust do i need a power commander? my bike is stock not a single mod done and i wanted a slip on for better exhaust tone .. i wanted to know if i add the slip on will it have any negetive effects on the way my bike rides etc? will it throw off anything in the stock ECU ... anyways any input is appreciated thanksss ...

Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: slip on exhaust question

dont need a power commander, all a slip on is a better looking can with less of a baffle

Old 10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
VP

yup ^^^^ what bobby said

Old 10-08-2007, 12:48 AM

does it provide any power gains?

Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 AM

IMO....No real bang for your buck in power gains. Some do look nice and sound good. I thought about going with an Erion black slip on but how I ride I REALLY don't want to bring any extra attention to myself. I have had full systems on other bikes. Is seems that as I go by some country home being quiet the horses don't jump, the chickens don't die the little rug rats don't run for cover and the adults that may be out and about don't even give me a second look. Add A nice full race system and....yeah you guessed it....A country song....The horses jump and run away, ALL the chickens DIE, The rug rats run screaming and the farmers go for the scatter gun. It's better to draw less attention to yourself if you don't want to find Beauford T. Justice hanging out your next time through.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 AM

I guess this is where the riding wile concealed post comes into play. To protect you from Beauford.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-08-2007, 08:48 AM

[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 10-08-2007, 09:08 AM

From my experience a PC was MORE than worth it even when my bike was completly stock. MUCH better throttle response and it'll likely give you more power in the middle of the rev range at less than full throttle (where you ride 90% of the time anyway). It takes away the lean spot the manufacturer puts in the map to pass regs, and leans out the WAY rich spot up top to keep it from overheating (after being lean in the middle). It's worth it........I say go for it weather you get a slip on or not.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:04 PM

is the PC plug and play ... do u need a custom tune for hooking up the PC to a stock bike or can you just download it fromt there website? and thanks for all the input guys

Old 10-08-2007, 02:43 PM

Look Zooby, your gonna gain about 5 - 8 hp outta the slip on(ur not nickey or valentina so u wont know the difference). You will notice a slight difference with a pc and a full system. Yea you can download the tune for your bike, but to get the most outta your pc you will need a custom tune. A full system and a custom tune pc is not gonna make your bike do 200mph, you'll be lucky to get 20 mph outta it. Me personally im not gonna invest in a pc with a slip on, i also wouldnt invest in a full system/custom pc and tune. The only time i notice a significant difference with a full system and a pc is because of a sprocket change. Just my .02 cents though.

Quick Reply: slip on exhaust question