CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Shifting without clutching

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifting without clutching

Yes vpsophmore i guess that makes you a loser.... and im glad everyone one on this site will bow to my knowledge.... even the riders with tons more than me.... your logical reasoning is matched only by your track skills.

And yes nikos i guess him asking a senseless question isnt going to cramp my so called style.... whatever that is susposed to mean.

BUT i find it quite odd that he would post his senseless question on a FORUM instead of atleast bothering to Google his question.....

Plz come to his side to defend him... writing these posts does take up a few seconds here and there, which help pass the time.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:32 AM

fo‧rum  /ˈfɔrəm, ˈfoʊrəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural fo‧rums, fo‧ra /ˈfɔrə, ˈfoʊrə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uh, fohr-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation.
1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
4. the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

Quit being a dick, this is what forums are for. At least he didn't ask how to change his oil.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:58 AM
VP

So far you have failed to impress me oh great one... I see that you have 3 posts so far, and if anyone else even bothered to read the other one let me spare you some time: surprise he was a dick in his first post too)

Why did you join this forum if you are so much more experienced than everyone? Did you come here to make everyone's questions seem worthless? Or did you just come here to try to make yourself feel better about how you ride.

Let me give you some advice, we here at the CBRForum respect one another, and if you don't want to play by the rules then you aren't wanted here. I joined this forum because I love riding my bike. I love everything about motorcycles, and I know that there are people in the world who feel the same way. We all congregate on this site, most of us more than once a day, just to see what other questions and experiences our friends have had.

It's no surprise to me that there are people who ride motorcycles to try to compensate for their lack of confidence. It is no surprise to me that people try to make it look like they have way more experience than they actually do. It's no surprise to me that you are coming down on the first two people you reply to like a dick becuase you are the perfect example of the type of people I have just described

Go away or get with it.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all just need to clam down and yes he is right.. 3 posts.. you dont have any credibiity on this site, nor have you proven your knowledge or riding abilty to anyone, and even if you know all the questions to these posts, you didn't at one time, so let people ask their questions so they can know more about their joy of riding, my advice is.. their is a clutch for a reason, no you dont "need" to use it i guess but why woudn't you, anywayz have a good day to all

Old 09-22-2006, 01:41 PM

The 954 should have a constant mesh transmission. I dont know much about their trannies, but if it's a newer sportbike, it will have a constant mesh tranny meaning it is NO PROBLEM upshifting w/o the clutch as long as you are accelerating.

Crusing around, use the clutch.

Drag strip, probably not.

Downshifting, always blip the throttle to rev match. (cornering, coming to a stop)

Old 09-22-2006, 01:58 PM

So far you have failed to impress me oh great one... I see that you have 3 posts so far, and if anyone else even bothered to read the other one let me spare you some time: surprise he was a dick in his first post too)

Why did you join this forum if you are so much more experienced than everyone? Did you come here to make everyone's questions seem worthless? Or did you just come here to try to make yourself feel better about how you ride.

Let me give you some advice, we here at the CBRForum respect one another, and if you don't want to play by the rules then you aren't wanted here. I joined this forum because I love riding my bike. I love everything about motorcycles, and I know that there are people in the world who feel the same way. We all congregate on this site, most of us more than once a day, just to see what other questions and experiences our friends have had.

It's no surprise to me that there are people who ride motorcycles to try to compensate for their lack of confidence. It is no surprise to me that people try to make it look like they have way more experience than they actually do. It's no surprise to me that you are coming down on the first two people you reply to like a dick becuase you are the perfect example of the type of people I have just described

Go away or get with it.
Again...... you give a longwinded rant on why your feelings matter and how im a horrible person because my three messages make me seem like an ***.... lol.

How did we get off of the part where you asked a question that you should have figured out before your stepped on to a preformance literbike?

Im very glad that you have the ability to respect your feelings and others around you on this great forum. I am a also so happy you love riding your bike.. truely the care is unimaginable. Yes yes questions, experiences, friends on a forum..... ALL great stuff.

Moving on to your attack on my motorycycle confidence, experience and your great powers of mental apprehension, all great things. This is where I tell you my imaginary track times, my HUGEEEEE list of offroad victories, and my reason for being SOOO confident. Wait no it isnt lol.

Have a great day buddy the fact will always remain.... you forum post before you use 1% of your mental capacity lol.

AGAIN..... READ READ READ, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

ohhh and about the 3 posts thing.... Why would i even care about my # of posts when senior members, etc are asking questions that are USUALLY answered by new members and begining members lol.

New favorite saying "I open my forum account before I do anything else" Classic!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At no time during that excessive rant did you make any sense at all. In fact, we are all now dumber because of it.

Please also stop wearing the phrase "performance literbike" out...

Old 10-12-2006, 08:55 PM

OK, shifting up during acceleration is OK, although doing it at low rpms might find false neutrals in my experience. Shifting down, you at least want to partially engage the clutch, and blipping the throttle before releasing may help stable the bike. For advanced riding techneques such as these www.sportrider.com had a bunch of good articles on riding techneques on the left side of their page called the Riding skills Series. Good read.

Now I understand your rant about him posting here before trying to figure it out on his own, but my question is, why not. Why type a search like "cbr 954 shift without clutch" into google and sifting through 100 pages of useless advertizements, people looking to buy clutches, a guy showing how he installed a new clutch, etc, just in the end to hopefully find a page that is a forum just like this one where someone had asked the very same question and got a useful reply. Why spend hours putting yourself through that headache when you can just pop on here, spend 5 mins typing a question, and getting tons of helpful advise from people that enjoy sharing thier knowledge.

And as far as that being a stupid question for someone who just bought a liter bike, I had been riding two years before I bought my CBR, and not once had I even considered not using the clutch. My previous bike was more of a sunday cruiser than an agile racer, so I never needed the performance gains of doing it clutchless. It wasn't until I hit the track that a pro racer informed me to try it without the clutch, and I've been doing it ever sense. You have to have the liter bike before you start aquiring advanced knowledge like that because until then, its just useless knowledge. Why are you here if your going to just rip on someone that just wants to know more about his bike?

Old 10-13-2006, 04:28 PM

Hey, won't clutchless shifting f up you linkage? I know they're cheap but a pain in the *** is a pain in the ***. right?
Jim

PS How do I change the oil on this thing. I take the cap off and flip the bike (man its heavy) but the oil seems to come out too slowly.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:14 PM

Ok....which is it?

1) Racing for 26 laps at an insane pace on a bike with slicks and 200HP on a closed course once a week?

2) Riding out n about in the real world hoping for performance & reliability while having fun?

If it's #2, use the clutch.

Quick Reply: Shifting without clutching