CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Salvage Title

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salvage Title

I recently crashed my 954rr at low speed. No major damages, except the front fairing got messed up and the bottom of the oil pad is cracked. The insurance has totalled the bike. But I had already ordered some of the parts including a complete set of fairings with decals(because I could not find just the front fairing). Now, the insurance is offering 6300 for the total value of the bike. They also allowing me to buy the bike for 1700. Thus, they'll give me 4600. I am opting to buy it back, but I am concerned about having the salvage title. My question is, once I reconstruct the title of the bike, and put insurance on it; if the bike crashes again, does that mean that probably wont get anything beyond 1700 if the bike is totaled? Will I be able to resell the bike for a good price with the salvaged title? Thanks for your thoughts!

Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Default RE: Salvage Title

hmmm... you get to keep your 954 and get $4,600 in your hand.... sounds like a good deal to me. I purchased mine with a branded title and don't think anything of it. You'll be able to resell it, but won't be able to ask full price for it. I don't really see that as a problem since everyone trys to jew you down anyway.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

how did you crash at a low speed and crack your oil pan ?

My question is, once I reconstruct the title of the bike, and put insurance on it; if the bike crashes again, does that mean that probably wont get anything beyond 1700 if the bike is totaled? Will I be able to resell the bike for a good price with the salvaged title? Thanks for your thoughts!
some insurance companies wont put full coverage on a salvaged title motorcycle.. progressive covered both of mine (thankfully) so its really hard to say what they will give you .. as far as re selling the bike if you can show why it was salvaged (this really helps because ALOt of people tell stories as to why it was salvaged) and show that the damage is fixed you should still be able to make a fair amount of money back .. i mean **** your buying it back for 1700 so lets say you put 1300 into it that 3000 you could sell it for 4500 and make your money back + some .. on top of the rest of the money they paid you for the bike

Old 09-19-2007, 06:12 PM
VP

keep the bike and the money and when it comes time to sell it just don't worry about it you'll be able to get more then1700 for it so it's definitely a good deal

Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM

KEEP THE MONEY AND THE BIKE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO REBUILD THE BIKE, PUT IT ON EBAY, IT MIGHT WORTH MORE THAN $3,000 EVEN IT HAS SALVAGE TITLE.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 AM

you could part it out and get alot for it but i would keep it...still could sell it as a stunt bike for about 3000-4000...depending on what it looks like...place a crash cage on it..and pimp it.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:17 PM

I dunno, i'd think about this a few different ways, LoL...Your bike as it sits now, how much would it cost YOU to fix it? Keep in mind, your also keeping your bikes title in a CLEAN state....Now, the insurance writes u the check for 6300 and u buy back for 1700. They will in return give u ur bike with a Salvage title (you also pocket 4600).....A salvage title bike can NOT be registered in Louisiana (my state, i dont know about yours). Which means the bike needs to be rebuilt back to factory. everything that is broken needs to be replaced with factory OEM parts, and you need to keep the receipts...After the bike is complete and running again, the bike needs to go through a State inspection through the State Police (not just some inspection station). They will require you to show proof of ALL factory replaced parts. IF the bike passes their inspection, they will issue u paper work to send off and have the bikes title changed from Salvage to Reconstructed. Reconstructed means it was salvaged then rebuilt back to factory specs. Reconstructed also means the bike can be registered and is now street legal.....Now......When u resell the bike with reconstructed title, someone will know right off hand ur bike was wrecked and salvaged at one time. Which mans they will be nervous about forking out the cash (not knowing full extent of damages and if ur lying about how bad it was crashed), so its a little harder to get good money for it (but it can be done)......Now if u keep bike and leave the insurance check alone, pay out ur pocket to fix bike. Keep the clean title and when u sell it. Chances are noone will be able to tell u wrecked it. Which means u will most likely get what ur bike is worth or damn near it.............So u decide, is the 4600 worth going through all the trouble with a Salvage bike. Or is it just easier to keep ur bike clean and handle the business urself....Also keep in mind, when insurance write a check. Your insurance WILL go up every month, because u have a claim on ur policy......IS IT REALLY WORTH IT!!!!!......=-)

Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 PM

keep it! i wish everyday i kept my 636 that happened too, buy it cheap fix it up for alittle cash and u made out pretty damn good

Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fix it and keep title clean.. or buy it back for 1700 and i will buy it

Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM

if you do keep it...fix it and then sell it....i just hope you dont take any fast ways out of it.....carma is a bitch...not saying you would though...i bought a bike that was a clean title.....but heard storys after a few people saw it online and all.....they were like...damn...that bikes been hit by a truck before....and i was like...come again...and they told me the story of the guy which was the dude i got it from....made him buy it back from me with the addition of what i paid for the ttl and all....or go to court.... in the state of texas things get a little nice for the buyer...the lemon act allows us to sue for 3 times of the amount of the purchase....if things were lied about in a contract or agrement

Quick Reply: Salvage Title