CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Is this the Right HID KIT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the Right HID KIT?

I have a '03 954RR and been feening to get a HID kit on my bike, but $150-180 is steep. Especially when your talking x3! I found this kit for $60! Looks like everything comes with it I'll/you need. I'd appreciate it if I can get some professional or experienced input what I"m getting in to. I emailed the company who is selling it for some input and if there has to be any moding.
I know there's probably 100 different threads on this but I just want to make sure and I haven't seen a kit this cheap. I was actually thinking about having my 2 high beams converted to HID and have my low beam H7 Nokya Hyper yellow bulbs. The yellow eliminates the horrible glare. I have Xenon/HID on my AUDI and upgraded to higher outputs and I couldn't stand the glare, so I put H7 Nokya Hyper yellow bulbs as my fog lights. Boy did it make a difference. I can see everything. When people get in my car at night they say something.
Just wanted some experts opinions. I appreciate it.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this the Right HID KIT?

If anybody is looking for a HID kit this one is a unbelivable deal! I talked to the sales guy 4 days ago and my friend went ahead and got it. It's for a '06 CBR 600RR and we switched over both headlights. The one that is a link when you click on LINK in my first post is not for a '06 it's for a '02-'03. We installed them today. It fit great. We had to do some creativity on where to put the "extra" things. We thought for that cheap HID kit something would be extremely hard. Not at all. Started up the bike and let it run for a minute then flipped them on and POW!! Wow are they bright. We couldn't take it around the block cause of the 6 inches of snow and single digit temps. Boy could we tell just in the garage. Before we swapped them we made a picture memory of the brightness and when we swapped them we both went "WOW!". At least 3 times brighter, so much he's going to have to point them down before taking it out at night.
Can't wait till I'm done moving I'll be installing them in all 3 of my lights. Blind'n everybody in front of me, haha.