CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Riding while concealed....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:05 PM
Default RE: Riding while concealed....

Time for the "Easy" button on this thread...............

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:49 PM

cbrinpdx have you considered a holster shirt, my friend loves them for every day concealment.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Leather-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-28-2007 | 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: bboi

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

dude the info i gave was given to me in my chl class....but the dude did say that he would not rcommend carring a firearm on a bike....when i said the gun might go of it is bc there are a lot of people out there that carry and have a bullet in the chamber...i personally dont....the only time i carry is when i go on long trips or to the hood or if i am going to be passing through a rough area...i always carry in my truck.....so dont call me out i am telling you the way i handel things....and i have a word for you that noone needs to look in the dictionary to know what it means....DICK!!>
HA you going to the hood huh? If this post evolves anything like your last couple post in on this forum you'll say you were there to do a drive by. Dude if you have one in the chamber or not the damn guns not goin off. Cops ride around all the time with one in the chamber. They are in and out of medians, getting in to scuffles and all that and it doesnt go off. Joey come to terms with the fact that your an idiot! Or maybe you cant "handel" the truth!
look bro i have seen at least two vids of cops guns going off and almost killing someone bc of carelessness...you may have a good knowledge about wepons and understand how to use them...i am talking about the people that have wepons and dont relize the harm they can cause...the one vid is a gun safety instructer that shoots himself in the foot and the other is a female officer's gun going off while her partner is in the line of fire handcuffing a criminal the bitch almost shoots the other officer and the criminal......go to myspace vids and you can find it....all i am saying is to be careful with carring on a bike.....make sure that the wepon is concealed....make sure you understand your states laws about wepons...and you shouldnt have a problem....

Old 09-28-2007 | 07:25 PM
|

Master-T, Thanks for the idea.

Old 09-28-2007 | 10:49 PM

[/quote]

look bro i have seen at least two vids of cops guns going off and almost killing someone bc of carelessness...you may have a good knowledge about wepons and understand how to use them...i am talking about the people that have wepons and dont relize the harm they can cause...the one vid is a gun safety instructer that shoots himself in the foot and the other is a female officer's gun going off while her partner is in the line of fire handcuffing a criminal the bitch almost shoots the other officer and the criminal......go to myspace vids and you can find it....all i am saying is to be careful with carring on a bike.....make sure that the wepon is concealed....make sure you understand your states laws about wepons...and you shouldnt have a problem....
[/quote]

The weapon was out right? Never seen one go off in the holster while riding around. But maybe they are another kind of "wepon"!

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:44 AM
|

Joey, Don't reply to anyone's BS. Don't make me regulateyour ***. Just let it go.

Everyone else, I got what I needed out of this thread so let's not let it get rediculous. ok? Sharing stories is what it's about, but getting each other stirred up is a waste of time.

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2007 | 01:17 PM

Nothing wrong with carrying a gun. As long as you're mature about it I think everyone should carry beyond a certain age. It sure would cut down on crime. Who's going to risk mugging people or car jacking when they think virtually everybody has a gun. For the halfwits that claim it would turn into the wild west with people being shot left and right, IT'S NEVER HAPPENED! In every state that voted on conceal & carry laws the wacko left wing nuts tried to terrify everyone into thinking people would be shooting each other on the streets etc. so they would vote no. Well every state that passed it had drops in violent crime. Just the opposite happened.

Because someone is willing to steal something with a gun doesn't mean they're willing to commit murder over it when they find out you also have a gun. My bet is the person would back off and leave or maybe try to steal the gun but in general criminals are cowards and run when they find out they're at risk. Why do you think they're using a gun to commit the crime? If they were tough guys they wouldn't need a weapon.

And yes deadly force would be justified in a case where a person in a car was clearly trying to run down a person on a motorcycle. If the person did not have a reasonable ability to flee and get away they every right to shoot to disable the car or kill the driver. The standard is, essentially, if any normal person, in the same circumstance, would feel that they're in immediate threat of bodily harm or death with no realible way to escape then they have the right to defend themselves by any means available to them.

In our case though, unless there was a lot of traffic or rain,you should reasonably be able to evade the situation by speeding away, although if you're not a confident rider that may not be an option. Again you have the right to defend your life and even kill someone if they're going to severely hurt you or kill you. It's your primary constitutional right above all others. Just remember a group of 12 other people from your environment have to be able to see the situation from your perspective with respect to being afraid for your life.

Old 09-29-2007 | 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: NoTime

Nothing wrong with carrying a gun. As long as you're mature about it I think everyone should carry beyond a certain age. It sure would cut down on crime. Who's going to risk mugging people or car jacking when they think virtually everybody has a gun. For the halfwits that claim it would turn into the wild west with people being shot left and right, IT'S NEVER HAPPENED! In every state that voted on conceal & carry laws the wacko left wing nuts tried to terrify everyone into thinking people would be shooting each other on the streets etc. so they would vote no. Well every state that passed it had drops in violent crime. Just the opposite happened.

Because someone is willing to steal something with a gun doesn't mean they're willing to commit murder over it when they find out you also have a gun. My bet is the person would back off and leave or maybe try to steal the gun but in general criminals are cowards and run when they find out they're at risk. Why do you think they're using a gun to commit the crime? If they were tough guys they wouldn't need a weapon.

And yes deadly force would be justified in a case where a person in a car was clearly trying to run down a person on a motorcycle. If the person did not have a reasonable ability to flee and get away they every right to shoot to disable the car or kill the driver. The standard is, essentially, if any normal person, in the same circumstance, would feel that they're in immediate threat of bodily harm or death with no realible way to escape then they have the right to defend themselves by any means available to them.

In our case though, unless there was a lot of traffic or rain,you should reasonably be able to evade the situation by speeding away, although if you're not a confident rider that may not be an option. Again you have the right to defend your life and even kill someone if they're going to severely hurt you or kill you. It's your primary constitutional right above all others. Just remember a group of 12 other people from your environment have to be able to see the situation from your perspective with respect to being afraid for your life.
what you say is absolutely correct...in texas anyway...but also remember that if you plan on shooting someone and you fire your gun....make sure you kill the person with less than three shots...you dont want two side to the story and you dont want to shoot a whole clip into them bc it will seem like an anger issue rather than a self defense issue...

Old 09-29-2007 | 02:50 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

ORIGINAL: NoTime

what you say is absolutely correct...in texas anyway...but also remember that if you plan on shooting someone and you fire your gun....make sure you kill the person with less than three shots...you dont want two side to the story and you dont want to shoot a whole clip into them bc it will seem like an anger issue rather than a self defense issue...
Joey you need to put three in your head (one will do)so, we don't have to hear your side.

Also I have been riding for years and have never been in a situation that even needed more than a finger to resolve, just to say F-you. If you carry a concelled weapon for your work thats fine it's your job. When you carry your weapon it is supposed to be concelled like the intended license say's. If it shows in any way, that means you want the attention and you have personal issues with your abilities of being a man. If you have to pull a weapon out for road rage then you don't need a gun you need help.

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:13 PM

Why can't we all agree to disagree? We don't have to push our agendas on others because we all know about opinions. Carry if you want (legally); condition one, two, or three; open carry (if legal), concealed (legally); strong side, cross draw, shoulder; et c. After careful scrutineering and consideration if I were to carry, my preference for CCwould bea duty-sizeDAO handgun in .40 S&W, condition two, in a strong side inside-the-waistband (IWB) horsehide holsterwithout a retention device, a spare mag in a holster weak side, riding on areal gun belt(double-thick leather, pretty much two belts sewn oneon top of the other).
If you're interested in forums dedicated to concealed carry, there are plenty around,PM me for the URL of my favorite, I think we had a discussion on motorcycle carry a few months ago.

Quick Reply: Riding while concealed....