CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Riding while concealed....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007 | 02:57 PM
|
Default RE: Riding while concealed....

Mr. Pink: now we're getting back on track here. This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks

Old 09-24-2007 | 01:14 PM

No prob man. Im not sure where some are getting the idea that you would be using it to retaliate against someone cutting you off or even have it showing as some form of intimidation. You are just trying to get from point A to point B on your motorcycle and when you get to said point B you would like to have your firearm with you. Guns are a touchy subject and opinions vary regionally. I am from Alabama, we are gun friendly here .

On a side note, I was pumping gas yesterday and a police officer pulled into the station. I was gonna walk over and ask him but he never got out of his car and I was in a hurry.

Remember: saying guns kill people is like saying McDonalds makes you fat. The missing denominator is human responsiblity.

Old 09-24-2007 | 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

Look PDX, as soon as i get back home im gettin my conceiled. Im going to have a sholder holster tho, somethin i can hide when i zip up my jacket. For christ sakes i carry a m4 wit me everyday and its been like that the past 11 months (protection) and i will have it another 4. I have a 9mm at home and i got it for the same reasons: protection. And yeah if i have my license i will carry it and follow all the rules involved with it. Sure fine let the police harrass you but your not breaking any law as long as your not showing it off and it is conceiled. You have a right to carry a weapon, your record was clean enough to purchase and its being used for the right reasons so find the holster for you and ride! Look to hell what people in this forum think, how many times has a thread been started about a debate and it went in the right direction? And let that ******* that INTENTIONALLY runs you off the rode try it, "protection my friend" and im not sayin shoot at him, just disable his vehicle like he tried to do yours (GO FOR THE TIRE). If you feel your life is threatened(and being run off the road at 70 mph is life threatening) thats what the piece and license are for. Its about protection not being a billy bad ***, just dont get stupid with it (which im sure your mature enough to not do). Do what you do, who gives a **** about what other people think, its your gun!
yea pimpin but you are talking about tx law.....when i carry my 9mm i carry it in my boot.....best way to carry it saftely on bike....if you ride hard it may cause the gun to go off it is loaded......but if you carry in your boot it is always has support of the suspencion of the bike...so if you took the cfl class than they would have told you that....

Old 09-24-2007 | 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

yeah it'll stir something up ... as soon as an officer sees it you're gonna get pulled over every time, searched, harrassed, etc. etc.
+1!!!

Old 09-25-2007 | 12:00 AM

I used to carry when I lived in VA I handeled a lot of cash for the company I worked for and I do nto think anyone has said if it is a prob or not. YES every cop that sees that you have a gun will stop you untill they get to know why you are. I have been stoped prob 50 times but you show them your licence and theyh will be fine, and after awhile they will get to knowe who you are and you will not have a prob.
And before anyone gets upsett I did carry aCZ52 or a glock 10on the bike and yes I have lots or time with the police on how the handle myself and my gun, and NO I have never pulled it on anyone that was being a ******* in his/her car.
In IL it is very hard the get a carry permit.

Old 09-25-2007 | 11:03 AM

I have a CWP as well. Reside in the state of Oregon. I have carried "concealed" for almost 10 years now. My line of work dictated that I carry a weapon. Not as a deterrent, but as a form of deadly force if my life or my family depended on it. I will not be a victim. I am prepared to use deadly force if the need arises. I wont get into the particulars of carrying a concealed weapon. But one thing is for sure. Its called a "concealed weapon permit" for a reason........Its concealed! The working end of a handgun hanging out your jacket is not "concealed"! Your biting off more than you can chew. I suggest you read the brandishing laws in your state. Just as I put my helmet, gloves, jacket, etc on when I ride. Its for my safety. My CWP is also for my safety. No need to advertise! I suggest you purchase a tankbag and keep your heat in there. I dont think semi autos have been crash tested in a shoulder holster during a lowside.......The likelyhood of accidental discharge is too great. I do not feel the need to carry a handgun while riding. It is one of the few times I put the weapon in the safe. The bike is more than capable of escape if the need arises. If you do hold a CWP. Please review your states laws on carrying concealed. It is a huge responsibility and "your" responsibility to be aware of the laws on such a topic.

Old 09-26-2007 | 02:36 AM
|

I am not carrying just for the sake of carrying... but once I get to point B it's nice to have it. I don't want to get a tank bag. What do I do with it once I reach my destination? I can't always carry the bag with meanddon't want someone to steal it off the bike.I usually have a backpack.. so let's see... Let's pull the gun out of our tank bag or backpack and then put it in the holster.. Yeah. Nobody will see that.... But I see where most of you are going with your 2 cents and I appreciate the input.

Joey: Either you have really big boots or a tiny 9mm.... There is no way I will put afirearm in my boot. Also, how is the gun going to discharge from bumps in the road? Once again.. your post makes no sense to me."but if you carry in your boot it is always has support of the suspencion of the bike...so if you took the cfl class than they would have told you that.... " WTF? Seriously?
BTW, what kind of 9mm are you rockin'?

Ironhead: I too am in Oregon.. I think we talked about the Detroit to Estacada ride...
It's actually a Concealed Handgun License now... I have received different answers from the Portland Police in regards to the end of the holster becoming exposed... But we know that some cops say one thing and do another.. I would assume that a shoulder holster wouldprovide the bestprotection in regards to an accidential discharge when in acolision. I carry a Kimber .45 and am not worried about a discharge. But again, thanks for the feedback.. Oh, do you have a link to the Oregon Laws?

Old 09-26-2007 | 02:34 PM

http://landru.leg.state.or.us/ors/166.htmlCBR. Here is the link to the ORS (Oregon revised statutes) Its boring reading so grab a beer! It clearly defines what you can and can not do! Also look up your counties web site for specific regs. Interestingly enough......You have to have a permit to carry "concealed". If you strap your six gun to your hip and waltz around town....[sm=violent053.gif]It is "not" against the law! It is not concealed. You will get looks and most likely a visit from Portlands finest, but it is not against the law. I wasnt trying to flame you. Just trying to help you avoid any issues. There is no easy way to carry concealed on your body while riding. That is the main reason the weapon stays at home. I know you dont want a tank bag. But go and check out Icons web site. They have the primer bag that is small, comes with straps to throw over shoulder. The Yamaha/Suzuki dealer up in Oregon city has a couple on the wall. It may work for what you need. They come in all different colors. I think the pink one would be great! No-one would know what was in there............... Send a PM if you want to chat more on this subject. Folks dont react well when you discuss firearms and throwing lead downrange.

Old 09-26-2007 | 02:43 PM
|

Thanks for the input and thelink. My buddy down in Drain just got the new Kawa Z1000. We should tear it up before the weather gets ugly.

Old 09-26-2007 | 08:35 PM

I use a side holster that adj and I have it set high so it is is mid of my rib cage you would not know it is their unless you are a cop and are looking for it. As for a low side and the gun going off WTF are you ridding around with it loaded andchambered ? my holster has a strap that holds the gun in and it covers the hammer. I do not see how the gun would rock the hammer back and fire even in a low side. Don't get me wrong I have the clip in mine but it is not chambered.

Quick Reply: Riding while concealed....