CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Riding season almost over, Low cost mods??

Old 10-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding season almost over, Low cost mods??

So i froze my nuts all weekend riding so that means riding season is almost over. Im going to be doing some painting this winter and wanted to do some other mods while the bike is all apart. Ideas? I will be getting a pc3 and a custom tune at the end of the winter to account for the mods. I have a K&N filter that i was considering switching to a BMC, and just a cheap bolt on can.

Only thing i had in mind at the moment was the flapper mod. Ive been reading about velocity stacks but no one really seems to be able to give a good answer about modding/replacing them with after market ones(all ive got so far is shorter for better torque, longer for HPs). See a lot of people saying it does not do anything, Can anyone explain exactly what they are for? I figured it was to organize the turbulent air flow that comes in to the box before it goes into the TB, But that was just a guess that i used to make myself feel better about not knowing what they actually do. Anyone know?

Open to ideas, Thanks Everyone!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Default RE: Riding season almost over, Low cost mods??

Riding season almost over?!?! Now that it's starting to get cooler out, I'm super excited to start riding now! But then again.. I'm a Floridian. Anyways, I've got a BMC air filter and i can't really notice a big difference. I think the PCIII will be the biggest difference maker.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:44 PM

^ lol Gosh Darn people and your warm climates. It was in the 30s every night here this weekend, 50 in the day.

PC3 will make the difference in the end, but i want to knock out as many mods as i can before doing the custom tune. I hear the BMC is better than the K&N for the 54 but i dont know if it will really make a difference after the custom tune, hoping someone could help me out with that too?

Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

HC i gota mod suggestion for ya. Get some heated grips you P***y

Old 10-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

riding season over?? I dont live in Alaska tho.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:09 PM

haha this thread is full of FAIL.

Heated grips would be nice though, maybe heated gloves and vest too!! but thats not going to help when my bike is in a hundred pieces getting painted.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

what is your budget for your mods?
if you look at the factory pro short v-stacks as compaired to the stock ones you will see that the stock ones on one side had to be cut to make room for them in the air box factory pro claims they give more top end
if you do purchase a BMC and you dont live in a dirty aired invroment i would recommend the race version(more air flow) however both are better than the K&N

what mods do you currently have?

Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 PM

ive done the flapper in the air box noticed a little difference. will be disconnecting the htev soon. i will gladly take that k&n from you when you change over....

Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 PM

Currently all i have done is the yana shiki slip on, K&N filter, changed to 180 rear tire, 520 conversion with -1 front, flush mount front signals, integrated tail light,... i think thats it.

As far as spending money goes, I am setting an approxamate budget of $1500

Some things i want to do within that budget are : steel brake lines, brake pads, maybe rotors, good clutch and brake levers/complete assyemblies cuz mine are really sloppy and it annoys me, trying to find used Sargent/Corbin seat, PC3(not including the custom tune in the budget, might get the hook-up on that for real cheap), and the paint is going to cost me for the materials is all. If anything is left over then it can go to other mods, if i am short then i will cut things out. So right now trying to find mods that wont really cost me anything or are very cheap.

o and about the filter ill sell it to ya if i end up switching it out for a pretty good price. ill let ya know.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 PM

whats the bike gonna look like after the paint change? whats wrong with it now? I love that stock 954 paint scheme!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Riding season almost over, Low cost mods??