CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Rear turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear turn signals

Sup fellas? I cant stand the rabbit ear looking rear turn signals on my bike. It looks so stock[:'(]. I love the brake light though. I was wondering if I should get the fender eliminator kit(which one is the best one, and where i should get it) or is there a turn signal integrator thats compatible with the 954? What do your guys think is the best option for me. I want a nice sleek look .

Old 11-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Default RE: Rear turn signals

I installed the flush mounts on the front today. Files are too large to attach. I still need help with the rear though. Somebody please help a brother out.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:27 PM

You can not use an integrator on the 954 tail light. There are only three wires running to this light. ground, constant hot (with ignition on) for running light and hot for brake light. Although, you can get a preassembled light from e-bay that has signals integrated into the light. I thought about this for my bike but took another route. I made a custom undertail kit and hooked up LEDs into the tail. Check out my pictures, they are in the 954 section about half way down labeled 'another LED tail trick'. If you want an easy option, just get a undertail kit and leave the tail light alone. Post pictures when you get your bike hooked up.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:02 PM

get the clear alternatives integrater kit, tail light and sigals all in one. Really cleans up the rear end of the bike.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:25 PM

here are the pics

Old 12-19-2006, 07:39 PM

I ordered the Hotbodies undertail kit, and it arrived today. I will probably put it on tomorrow. My next question is, where should I mount the license plate? I want a really sporty look. Should I get the bracket that mounts on the chain guard? Holla back.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always thought that mount was more for choppers or cruisers, get some small L brackets from hardware store and a few small bolts and put it far under as you can but cops can still see it.. of if u wanna be really clean like i did, i had a custom understal so i didnt run a plate at all..

Old 12-22-2006, 06:02 PM

Now I need a Dremel. Where is the best place I can get one for the low? Also, Hotbodies gave me some ****ty installation instructions for the undertaill kit. Anyone know an easier, simpler way??

Old 12-22-2006, 06:30 PM

Walmart has some dremels for around $20. When i did the undertail install on my 929 the directions sucked aswell. I just took the rear seat and cowling off with the tail light. Cut what needed to be cut out and reassembled but i was kind of a bitch.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:00 PM

Finally, the undertail is done. That was a real Headache to do. It took me almost 4 hours to complete. Now i need to find somewhere to mount the plate. Any suggestions? How does the undertail look?

Quick Reply: Rear turn signals