CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Raw power

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raw power

i do not let me repeat I DO NOT do power wheelies, but ppl tell me that i should be able to power wheelie in 2nd maybe evern 3rd...but that is not a case with my bike! my bike can only power wheelie in first, 2nd itgoes upjust a little bit and third nothing at all...and i got 140hp to the wheel. is it just my bike or other 02954 cant power it in 2nd???? I DO NOT DO POWER WHEELIES......[:'(]

Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Default RE: Raw power

I was told the samething too and my results are same as yours.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 PM

run second gear up to 6K or so then snap the throttle open and it WILL stand up. That is on factory gearing.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned

Man, at the risk of sounding like a dick...

If you can't get it up from a power wheelie in 2nd, my guess is you're not fully aware of the power range on your bike and when to expect it and how to get it. To me that says you shouldn't be doing wheelies.

Dude I can power wheelie in 2nd on the F3 - if that was something I wanted to do. I'm a clutch guy, through and through.

Apart from having a ****ed up bike, the onyl problem I can see is you. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick but it seems as if the wheelie-question season is upon us and I see a lot of bad habits/practice/and advice being given.

Let's put it this way - if you're taking the time to write on a forum to ask a question about your bike and how it wheelies, you shouldn't be doing them. I would recommend logging out, finding an empty parking lot and learn it. Nothing anyone can tell you will make you hear the RPM's and feel the power range any better than if you were to go out and figure it out yourself. Other than that find some people that know what they're doing and watch them. Listen.

Whatever you do, be carefull man.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

If you can't get it up from a power wheelie in 2nd, my guess is you're not fully aware of the power range on your bike and when to expect it and how to get it. To me that says you shouldn't be doing wheelies.

Dude I can power wheelie in 2nd on the F3 - if that was something I wanted to do. I'm a clutch guy, through and through.

Apart from having a ****ed up bike, the onyl problem I can see is you. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick but it seems as if the wheelie-question season is upon us and I see a lot of bad habits/practice/and advice being given.

Let's put it this way - if you're taking the time to write on a forum to ask a question about your bike and how it wheelies, you shouldn't be doing them. I would recommend logging out, finding an empty parking lot and learn it. Nothing anyone can tell you will make you hear the RPM's and feel the power range any better than if you were to go out and figure it out yourself. Other than that find some people that know what they're doing and watch them. Listen.

good advice. no one wants to hear about you loopin' it and then askingfor a tail section. Be careful and listen to what the bike is telling you and soon you will not think, you will do.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

ommmmmmmannnn i can wheelie that is not a problem! just to prove it to u that i can wheelie in thehigher get watch the videso on the right side of my profile...(the red 954) and no...the bike does not want to go up in 2nd powering it up...... maybe when i bounced yes but just hard acceleration anywhere from 5000 to 10000 nothing will happen!!! it will only go up couple inches...

http://www.myspace.com/stunter46

Old 05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
VP

I dunno man... I could definitely power through 2nd and 3rd..AND I SUCK MAJOR ******* AT RIDING WHEELIES... I'm thinkin you're just tryin to do it in all the wrong rev range

Old 05-06-2008, 04:42 PM

i can not stand ppl who judge u before u even speak!!!!!!! and i did not ask anybody on input how to ****ing wheelie....i just asked simple question that could off been answer u ****ing suck ar powering ur **** up
WHICK I DO NOT DO POWER WHEELIE
or u could just say yes i can or no i can not....

Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: stunter411

i can not stand ppl who judge u before u even speak!!!!!!! and i did not ask anybody on input how to ****ing wheelie....i just asked simple question that could off been answer u ****ing suck ar powering ur **** up
WHICK I DO NOT DO POWER WHEELIE
or u could just say yes i can or no i can not....
Stunter,
Sounds like someone has struck an emotional chord. The general concensus is that your bike SHOULD be able to pull the front end in second with no clutch. It sounds as if you are confident is your riding skills, so it appears that you have a bike issue. Period. Do not read too much into it. No one is out to personally insult you, they are merely trying to address the topic that you freely posted. More often than not, the issue can be linked back to the rider. It appears that is not the case with you. Now it is time to test your wrenching skills. Cheers

Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM

Hey stunter, it can be done but unlike all of the other critics....... ill explain to you how i did them before the lower and stretch........ in 2nd at about 4-5k i open the throttle wide open till about 6-8 where the rear suspension dips and the front end raises, then let go of the throttle to where the suspension does the exact opposite (rear raises, front end dips) followed by snap of the throttle. Doin it like this worked FOR ME because the front end would dip then as it came back up to normal "settings" i would just assist it to get off the ground. Im a or i was a clutch type of guy because power wheelies put you high into the rpms and once you get to "balance point" your doing 100+ mph. Didnt bother to much powering in 3rd again you will be goin to fast in my personal oppinion. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Raw power