CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

PROTON HELP!!!!

Old 12-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROTON HELP!!!!

I pick up my proton flushmounts today and was pumped about a little garage time. Now I am just pissed. Can anyone confirm the correct part #? I have 208057 and they do not fit. The signals do not sit flush in the fairing opening and the mounting stud does not seem to be long enough and if it was, it does not look like it would line up to any existing hole. Has anyone else ran into this? maybe I am missing the obvious.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Default RE: PROTON HELP!!!!

I cant confirm that part number, but I do remember when I put mine in I left that existing rubber booty around the signal whole just so that the Proton would fit better. I kinda thought that the way the proton was fastened to the fairing was hokey ponokey (especially for the price). But after I got it all tightened down I have not had any problems with them and they have been on the bike for about 7K miles now.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: motoxxx43

I cant confirm that part number, but I do remember when I put mine in I left that existing rubber booty around the signal whole just so that the Proton would fit better. I kinda thought that the way the proton was fastened to the fairing was hokey ponokey (especially for the price). But after I got it all tightened down I have not had any problems with them and they have been on the bike for about 7K miles now.
How does it fasten? I do not see how the stud can attach to anything? Do you simply put the large washer on the back and tighten it down against the inside of the fairing?

Old 12-15-2007, 05:11 PM

i thought the same thing, but it just squeezes the fender. it is kinda cheesy for the price, but i havn't had any problems since.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 AM

In order to tighten the flush mount down, you need to use that large washer that came with the lights. It sucks because you have to keep the light in one place and tighten it at the same time, so keeping it straight where you want the light to be is a pain. I got mine nice and straight, then I tightened the crap out of them just so they would not vibrate loose or anything. If you happen to break one of the lights, Proton will send you a brand new one with no questions asked!

What do you mean your lights do not fit? They are too small, big wrong shape or what?

Old 12-16-2007, 01:32 PM

they do not seem to sit flush in the fairing. if the top of the light is sitting in the fairing, the bottom is not sitting flush. the light itself does cover the entire hole as it should. it seems that maybe the recess cut on the back of the signal is off a little.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:41 PM

Yeah, that is exactly what I had too. I am pretty sure that is why I left the rubber boot on the whole. I thought that was kinda BS though, the things cost way too much to not fit perfect!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: motoxxx43

Yeah, that is exactly what I had too. I am pretty sure that is why I left the rubber boot on the whole. I thought that was kinda BS though, the things cost way too much to not fit perfect!
that makes me feel a little better knowing i am not the only one. Next question, does anyone have an extra set of the rubber boots from the factory signals? When I bought my bike the signals had been removed.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lockhart phillips flush mounts work great...

Old 12-17-2007, 03:39 PM

any way you could post pics of the problem youre having?

i was thinking about getting some protons, dont want to run into any problems if i can help it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PROTON HELP!!!!