CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Power commander 3

Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power commander 3

When u put a pc3 on a 954 does that allow you to get rid of the O2 sensor? Also does the flapper mod and the hvaac or what ever the other mod is does that require you to run a pc3 as well, and does this stuff cause the bike to run choppy? Or does it run better just left alone?. Let me kno something interested in this

Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM

yes it would allow you to get rid of the O2 sensor I believe. Only Cali bikes have these sensors though, And why take it off just get a custom map and enjoy. And if you do the flapper and hetv mod GET THE PCIII. the custom map will help out ALOT do the mod with out the pc3 and itll run like crap

Old 05-18-2010, 01:12 PM

yeah this 954 that im looking at getting has a slip on but doesnt look like it has the o2 sensor behind the rearset. it also has a pc3 usb on it already. im hoping this guy will hurry up and buy my bike so that i can get it i want a 954 so bad its my dream bike. so how do they run after the flapper mod hetv and a custom map with a slip on or a bolt on? and do you have or know any one with a mid pipe and a bolt on or slip on pipe for the 954 the one im looking at has a big dent in it. looks like poop

Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 AM

I have a stock mid pipe with a yoshi bolt on attached, however for the flapper mod and hetv mod to do any good to your bike youll need a dyno tune resulting in a custom map. You will lose a little bit under 4000RPM but you will also lose the jerkyness in the FI system. And gain some on top end. If you are interested in my midpipe with yoshi let me know. I dont have pics but it isn't scratched and the bolt on in brand new. (no scratches nice shine ect.) Also if you JUST want the stock midpipe, skip954 had one for sale a while back. He has a couple of recent post around here shoot him a PM. If you want pics of mine PM me and let me know Ill get some.
I also hace a D&D slip on CF that needs some TLC polishing and buffing out. But you would have to get the mid pipe cut and put a 2" pipe on it so the slip on would work. Like I said let me know.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 AM

Itll be a bit on the exhaust i gotta get the bike first. Actually i gotta sell mine before i can buy the 954. I think im leaning more to the high mount though. He said the timing chain tensioner is shot doe these normally go bad while riding? He said he trailored it to honda and they put something up againdt the motor and listened to it then took the cct out and said it was completly shot. Idk how these things just go bad. Scary buying a bike that sounds like somethings gonna jump out of the motor at u. Havent heard the bike yet he just said it sounded horrible andhe wouldnt reccomend riding it til it was fixed.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 AM

the cct isn't a big deal, I'd get a ape manual one put her on adjust it and roll on. Don't let the CCT scare you though, its really a easy fix, and its something to watch on all bikes especially honda

Old 05-21-2010, 10:21 AM

Yeah i just know how alot of people are. I could just see it being a rod knocking and him blae it on the cct. He said he was just riding along andit started making all kins of noises lol then he SAYS that he took it to the honda shop and thats what they told him it was. Idk i would just like to find one in descent shape around where i live

Old 05-21-2010, 10:38 AM

ok well talk to the guy, tell him you want to put a cct on it before you do the transaction. Just to make sure thats all thats wrong with it. I once rewired EVERYTHING on a mustang from battery, to alt, to starter and solenoid before I bought it. just to make sure the engine was good. Less than a $100 investment in a bike to make sure its ok isn't a bad one.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

so yeah my i got a engine light MIL 35. egcv error. so i went ahead and pulled the flapper and took out EGCV. i guess im going to use this PCIII to tune it out. where did you find a map with the EGCV delete?

Old 05-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing you kept it huh.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power commander 3