CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Polished swingarm VS. Black swingarm, What do you all think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Polished swingarm VS. Black swingarm, What do you all think?

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

How do you do that Playfulgod?
They come that way lol. As did the RR one I'm about to install.

Not sure if the ones that came black are brushed undernethe or not.

Think you can use a belt sander to do it with too. Or redo one thats rashed a lil.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hah Gotcha, thanks for explaining. something is going to be done to it though, I think im fairly set on black now. Unless i come by something that really pushes me to the chrome/polish, would take something along the lines of a wrecked bike like pimpns that i pick up real cheap and conjoin with my bike to make 1.5 954s.... ive been watching repos and junk yards but nothing so far.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:12 AM

Not that brutus on marriage, and can agree once you go black you dont go back! again speaking on the wife thing. I like the chrome but sometimes its a pain in the *** to keep clean. One thing is for sure my next bike will be chromeless/polishedless.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM

haha, Looks like im going to have to try black then(white country boys dont get much attention from the black girls sadly )....... and i might paint the swing arm black too.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 PM

I would say it really depends on personal preference and the look you are going for. If you want it to be a dark colored bike, then black would be a good choice, unless of course you want to have chrome accents on the bike ie the swing arm, rims, parts of frame etc... I personally am going to put black coated swing arm on my 954 i'm working on and probably going to but some under frame low light leds or something. This will result in a night rider-ish look but won't be reflecting all over the place from shiny chrome.

chrome in general is tough to keep clean and shiny since you are kicking up dust on the road along with loads of other random stuff. although I think black will make your bike a bit less visible if you are concerned about that as well. come sometimes can be to shiny though and reflect the sun quite a bit... this might not be so good if you are driving in heavy traffic and hit just the right angle to reflect it into another drivers eyes blinding them and causing them to hit you or someone else... [&o]

either way, it's ultimately about the look you are going for. do what you will and enjoy!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered Users

I like it as is (Brushed aluminum), but between the choices....Black. Or better yet, a chrome swingarm[sm=bling.gif]and blackout everything else.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: djcraemer

I would say it really depends on personal preference and the look you are going for. If you want it to be a dark colored bike, then black would be a good choice, unless of course you want to have chrome accents on the bike ie the swing arm, rims, parts of frame etc... I personally am going to put black coated swing arm on my 954 i'm working on and probably going to but some under frame low light leds or something. This will result in a night rider-ish look but won't be reflecting all over the place from shiny chrome.

chrome in general is tough to keep clean and shiny since you are kicking up dust on the road along with loads of other random stuff. although I think black will make your bike a bit less visible if you are concerned about that as well. come sometimes can be to shiny though and reflect the sun quite a bit... this might not be so good if you are driving in heavy traffic and hit just the right angle to reflect it into another drivers eyes blinding them and causing them to hit you or someone else... [&o]

either way, it's ultimately about the look you are going for. do what you will and enjoy!
Well all of the little things on my bike are carbon fiber look(bar ends, levers, mirrors, tank pad, foot pegs, oil cap, break cap, probably more that im forgetting) so i think that would go better with black than chorme or polished. As for being less visible, that would be nice too, specially around cops, if onl i could become invisible somehow.....

Thanks for the input!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Rhu5

I like it as is (Brushed aluminum), but between the choices....Black. Or better yet, a chrome swingarm[sm=bling.gif]and blackout everything else.
Now your getting creative, how bout black swingarm and chorme everything else, how often do you see that lol?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered Users

Now your getting creative, how bout black swingarm and chorme everything else, how often do you see that lol?
I would go crazy from hearing people ask me "why don't you chrome the swingarm?"

Old 06-29-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Rhu5

I would go crazy from hearing people ask me "why don't you chrome the swingarm?"
That is for sure! Where i live its either chrome or its ****, so that is kind of pushing me towards the **** side of it, I dont want to be just another guy in the taco bell parking lot(wil get about 80ish bikes on a good night) with a bike that looks the same as everyone elses, even though the chrome looks great its just very very very common amongst college kids with rich mommys and daddys.

Quick Reply: Polished swingarm VS. Black swingarm, What do you all think?