CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

PC III vs. PC V

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC III vs. PC V

Is there a difference between the two? I'm a noob when it comes to motorcycle mechanics. Just wanted to pick some brains. I've noticed they run about the same price. If anyone could explain the two I'd greatly appreciate it. Is it just one is the newer and improved?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You don't have a choice since the PC V is not made for the 954. Get a PC III USB.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Well that clears that up haha

Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

the V would be cool though if you could get it to work because it has an o2 sensor that can correct any fluctuations in conditions...

but i loved my PCIIIr. it worked great. and although you have to use a 9-pin connector, you get to play with the ignition - which is nice.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
the V would be cool though if you could get it to work because it has an o2 sensor that can correct any fluctuations in conditions...

but i loved my PCIIIr. it worked great. and although you have to use a 9-pin connector, you get to play with the ignition - which is nice.
I just purchased a Dynojet Wide Band Commander and will be installing it next weekend. Its basically the manual version of the Autotune for newer bikes. You install an O2 sensor in the exhaust and it datalogs throttle position, rpm and AFR. You must then download the data from the Wide Band and make the changes to the PC map yourself. If you have the LCD it can be connected to the Wide Band to datalog and view real time info. I plan to get a multi-function hub and LCD then connect everything together. The first version of the Wide Band will work with a PCIII connected to the hub where the newer Wide Band 2 will not work with the PCIII. Its not as easy as the Autotune but with some time it should allow me to tune my bike to whatever AFR I want.

Widebandcommander Product Information

Old 05-28-2013, 06:12 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by backdoc
I just purchased a Dynojet Wide Band Commander and will be installing it next weekend. Its basically the manual version of the Autotune for newer bikes. You install an O2 sensor in the exhaust and it datalogs throttle position, rpm and AFR. You must then download the data from the Wide Band and make the changes to the PC map yourself. If you have the LCD it can be connected to the Wide Band to datalog and view real time info. I plan to get a multi-function hub and LCD then connect everything together. The first version of the Wide Band will work with a PCIII connected to the hub where the newer Wide Band 2 will not work with the PCIII. Its not as easy as the Autotune but with some time it should allow me to tune my bike to whatever AFR I want.

Widebandcommander Product Information
wow, thanks for that. i didn't know they had that option.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:34 PM

How much is too much when paying for pc3