CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

oil filter

Old 12-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil filter

anyone know the oil filter number for wiks? or what kinda filters to you all use....oil to? i used to run silkolene in all my old gsxr's and loved it...think the dude used castrol in my 954 now...was thinking of getting some royal purple.....what do you all think? and if anyone could give me the oil filter number i need it would be greatly appreciated.....oh...last but least..i know its a pain to take off the fairings...well not a pain but time consuming....with the covers and all but changing the oil do you all find its easier to remove the break side or clutch side side fairing to remove the oil filter

Old 12-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oil filter

for wiks it's 51358

here is a good site to cross reference.. look in column 5.. http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

also i use amsoil.. but i know some people use royal purple.. good stuff.. i like the k&N oil filters.. pricy but i thnk well worth it and also has a nice nut on the end of it for easy removal.. check it out

Old 12-02-2007, 11:13 PM

i like motul oil and a honda genuine filter. taking the bike apart will not be so bad one you do it a couple times. I can have mine apart and back together in 5 mins.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:10 AM
VP

you definitely only need to remove the brake side but I've got some good advice

get some tin foil and really wrap the hell outta the headers before you take the oil filter off because once you get oil on them it takes like 20 minutes of idle to burn off and it STINKS

If you do the tin foil trick all you gotta do is put the foil on, take off the filter, finish the oil change, and roll up the tin foil and throw it out when you're done no burn off at all

Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM

O damn, tin foil would work really good! I just used the plastic bag my oil and filter came in! Tin foil can be manipulated a lot better too so the oil will not pool. Good idea, I will be doing that next time!

Old 12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the smoke lol

Old 12-03-2007, 06:14 PM

lol have all i need to do it...but the oil plug is being a pain and is strarting to strip

Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

you definitely only need to remove the brake side but I've got some good advice

get some tin foil and really wrap the hell outta the headers before you take the oil filter off because once you get oil on them it takes like 20 minutes of idle to burn off and it STINKS

If you do the tin foil trick all you gotta do is put the foil on, take off the filter, finish the oil change, and roll up the tin foil and throw it out when you're done no burn off at all
automotive brake cleaner works the best!!but i love the tin-foil idea Name:  thumbup.gif
Views: 27
Size:  139 Bytes

also-gix if you are having any trouble-pm me i am in the north dallas area!!-i will be more than happy to help!-i wrench cars for a living!!
i supply the help-you supply the beer!![sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
VP

how is a bolt starting to strip? if you use the right size wrench it can't strip

Old 12-03-2007, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

how is a bolt starting to strip? if you use the right size wrench it can't strip
[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif],tryin to cause trouble???

sup andrew??whats goin on?Name:  hellobye.gif
Views: 15
Size:  3.2 KB

me-i am doing good at talking sh*tName:  flex.gif
Views: 21
Size:  2.2 KB,i am still unable to sit on and or ride a bike at the current time-i love lower back
pain!!Name:  sad.gif
Views: 15
Size:  244 Bytes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oil filter