CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Not getting the sound I want from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not getting the sound I want from exhaust

So I stuck on a yoshi RS-3 stainless on about 2k ago.I was hoping by now the baffles would be broken in and the bike would sound a little louder but is not. Will a full exhaust get you a better sound or do I just need to go out and buy a power commander? I'm not gonna buy a d&d as that is just too loud. Maybe a few decibles below the d&d would be nice. Any suggestions?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Default RE: Not getting the sound I want from exhaust

I think our bike need the full system to get a good sound. Case and point:

I had another 954 a couple months ago. It was totaled, however, before it was totaled, I took the stock can off and rode around with the stock headers and midpipe. It was loud, but it sounded like a sewing machine. I was not happy with the sound.

Now I have a new 954rr that came with a full Erion Racing Exhaust. I took the Erion can off and started the bike up. Everyone standing around grabbed their ears and ran. It was pathetically loud. I think it may have been loud enough to break ear drums if I revved it up. The can tones it down and makes it sounds awesome.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you dont like the exhuast.. change it.. try two bros.. that has a nice level and tone ona 954rr....

Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM

will the yoshi get louder over time/or addition of PCIII? Whats a full erion exhaust go for?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 AM

I have a RT-1 race core, it sounds sweet and turns heads!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:37 AM

I really do not see how a PCIII will change the exhaust sound in any way. A PC allows you to adjust the amount of fuel (rich/lean) the engine gets and a few other things for fine tuning. If you are going to spend three hundred somthin dollars to get sound from a PC you will be disapointed I think. The full exhuast is probably the way to go unless you get the HASS eliminator. http://www.cbr929rr.com/eliminator.htm. They are claiming to be sold out of the eliminators but are making more.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:43 AM

+1. The PCIII shouldn't really change the sound output to any discernible amount. I would try another can if you don't like the sound. Personally, I love my Yosh, but I don't know what the difference is between an f4i and a 954.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PCIII wont do anything for sound unless your bike is running under par... if u dont like the sound, try a different can pretty much simple as that

Old 08-30-2007, 05:38 PM

KEWL!! Thanks everyone. I'm gonna look into getting the erion full system and a PCIII with it. You gotta get a PCIII with a full right?

Old 08-30-2007, 05:54 PM

You dont have to get one. Not like it is a law or anything. Sure would be a good idea though! Simply pluggin the PC in is not going to make a difference either. You have to get the thing tuned. That is where the PC is going to make a noticable difference for you.
I think on a cost to performance scale a full system isnot going to be worth it to the average rider such as myself. I mean, the 954 comes with titanium headers. So if you get aftermarket ones you have to be careful an make sure you are not getting heavier ones aka steel, if the weight even matters. With that HTEV removed you would be keeping your stock ti headers and losing the weight of the exhuast valve plus adding some low range sound/grunt including some topend power. That is almost the same thing one would gain froma full system, minus the $900+ price tag.

Quick Reply: Not getting the sound I want from exhaust