CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

New rider, new poster

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rider, new poster

Whats up crew? First time posting on the site. Just got an 02 954RR on my b-day (May 20) and I'm loving it. I know its not the best choice for a first bike but I figure if I take it slow I should be alright. The MSF course was backed up til the end of June but I'll be taking it then, hopefully that will increase my chances of surviving the summer. I've already learned a lot here and I'll appreciate any advice you guys have for newb like me, except for get a set of training wheels (heard that one a hundred times already).At any rate, I'm glad to be a part of the community. Nice to meet you guys.

P.S. Anybody in the Bowling Green, OH area interested in riding together shoot me a PM.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Default RE: New rider, new poster

Welcome brother. Just remember to keep the shiny side up. Take your time and learn your bike. We recently lost a forum memer to an accident (RIP SS954RR). Everything will come in time. Any help you need just ask. there is so much experience in here, its crazy. Make sure you post pics ASAP!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:25 PM
VP

welcome aboard... and as the old saying goes... "give me your money or die!"

... no wait that's something completely different. lol! enjoy your new toy.[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi and welcome!!
Be safe out there

Old 05-30-2007, 04:33 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Hi and welcome.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 AM

welcome to the forum,if this is your first bike-be careful!!,if you are waiting to go to a msf course-i
would rec reading "twist of the wrist2" and "total control",and above all-dont push riding beyond
your limits-bad things can happen very quick-to you and the bike!!
again welcome
o8

Old 05-30-2007, 02:14 PM

Just a heads up. The MSF course does little to prepare you for fast sport riding. The main thing you should get drilled into your head at that course is look through your turns (bike goes where head looks) and panic braking (practice hard braking from speeds your ride on street). Say you ride at 80 mph, then you must practive braking from that speed to get an idea of how hard your bike is capable of braking and what distance is required. Read any and all articles on the net on riding. Buy or borrow this book and commmit to memory.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 PM

welcome and get soeme pix up

Old 05-31-2007, 01:15 AM

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I knew I made the right choice in registering for this forum. I just ordered "Sport Riding Techniques" on amazon and I'm looking forward to reading it and applying it to my riding. I'll get the camera out and put pics up soon. Thanks again guys.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:51 AM

It will take some time of riding to get the feel for the bike and how it and how you will react toanysituation. I will tell you I have ridden crusers and dirt bikes for years and my 954 is a whole new animal for me. I have taken theMSF class for the"new ridder" and it will give you the basics but you will want to take the advanced class too.

" Keep the rubber side down, you will have less rash. "

Quick Reply: New rider, new poster