CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

negative battery lead and igniton button wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default negative battery lead and igniton button wiring

hi all.. i havent been on here for a while...
i just got a 07 Ya*a*a R6 tail grafted onto my 954 fighter... and ive forgoten where
tha negative battery lead goes to from the battery on the 954..

also im hiding my ignition button and using a normal 2 pin button... but the standard 954 ignition has 3 wires comming off it..
what do i need to do to use the 2 pin button.. i cant wrap my head round it!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: negative battery lead and igniton button wiring

The battery wire i cant for the life of me think where it goes either lol, i will look later if i get a chance or if no one else answers.

The ignition, you have the 3 wires yes, red is battery, red/blk is ignition, and i think purple (i cant recall off my head) is for the fan. So if you running a button i would just rewire the fan elsewhere, and that will leave you with your other 2 to wire into your button.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:15 PM

i rmembered that i had to solider a wire on the ignition button when it came off and it was for the headlights..
i need to know where the negative lead goes despitly!!! does it go back into the harness or bolt onto the subframe?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:58 PM

ok there are 4 wires off the ignition.. 1 was hidden behind another.. and it looks blue

Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM

I believe the ground runs to the frame itself and bolts there. The cross bar between the rear of the frame before it connects to the subframe. Ill check later to make sure though. As far as the ignition wires looks like from the ignition one goes to the start switch, one goes to the headlight, and to the battery, and I think the ground. Just took a quick look on the manual so ill print it out later and run threw it to see exactly where it ends up and how it could be modified. Why dont you just cut the wires and run them straight to a toggle switch that is hiddent which will control headlights, startswitch and ignintion. Seems like that is what your going for. You can run a few switches but ill have to get the colors of the wires. Hope I can further help you.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:38 AM

thanks pimpin!!!! i was hoping to have one momentary switch just for the ignition but then 2 oher wires popped up!?!?!
the momentary switch im looking at using is a 2 pin type.... if there is any way i can wire it up tojust use one switch that'd be great...
i was thinking that mabbe linking the 3 wires (positive, start, and headlight) as the standard 954 starter button is also a momentary
type switch.. what do you think!!?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 AM

you should be able to run it like you said to that one switch with the hot, start, and headlights. Looks like all you would be doing is replacing the ignition with a switch. I dont see any issue with it. how fluent are you with wiring, I mean you understand the concept with replacing the ignition with the switch. It should be just the same setup and you would have to ground the ground out somewhere. just make sure you run the same gauge wire if not slightly thicker, I think the ignition should have atleast 18 gauge I wouldnt use anything smaller.