CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Need help with pc3

  #1  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
J0HNDiLLiNGER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ellenville, NY
Posts: 100
Default Need help with pc3

my buddy has a power commander 3 I was going to buy from him but what do I need to make this work on my 954? long time ago I was looking to pick 1 up and I think I remember it saying something about needing an o2 sensor to work with 954? doesn't seem to find maps on win7, do I need win XP?
 
  #2  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default

What bike is it from?

PCIII doesn't have an o2 sensor.
954 doesn't use an o2 sensor.


And you need to download the program from Dynojet's website. Did you get the USB or did you get the 9-pin connector?
 
  #3  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:35 PM
J0HNDiLLiNGER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ellenville, NY
Posts: 100
Default

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
What bike is it from?

PCIII doesn't have an o2 sensor.
954 doesn't use an o2 sensor.


And you need to download the program from Dynojet's website. Did you get the USB or did you get the 9-pin connector?
pc3 is off a R6, I haven't received it yet but I downloaded software from dynojet ( Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module 954 RR (Fireblade)&year=2003&mk=19&mdl=348&yr=2003 )
tried to upload map into software to get ready to upload into pc3 so when he gets here with it I could just hook it all up to test it. another thing is I couldn't find my exhaust for mapping. devil high mount shotgun
Name:  197295_1932029785681_8293723_n_zpsfbd92056.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  92.6 KB
I downloaded arrow half system retains htev, is there a better match?
 
  #4  
Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default

Originally Posted by J0HNDiLLiNGER View Post
pc3 is off a R6, I haven't received it yet but I downloaded software from dynojet ( Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module 954 RR (Fireblade)&year=2003&mk=19&mdl=348&yr=2003 )
tried to upload map into software to get ready to upload into pc3 so when he gets here with it I could just hook it all up to test it. another thing is I couldn't find my exhaust for mapping. devil high mount shotgun

I downloaded arrow half system retains htev, is there a better match?
There all about the same as far as end cans. Try a few different ones to see which one is best for you. I'd stay away from the full systems.

But first, you'll have to make sure you can hook up the harness from an R6 to it. The wiring should be similar. But I'm sure you'll have to switch wires around and what not. I doubt it'll be a plug - n - play.


The bike is looking great man.
 
  #5  
Old 03-26-2014, 02:17 PM
J0HNDiLLiNGER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ellenville, NY
Posts: 100
Default

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
There all about the same as far as end cans. Try a few different ones to see which one is best for you. I'd stay away from the full systems.

But first, you'll have to make sure you can hook up the harness from an R6 to it. The wiring should be similar. But I'm sure you'll have to switch wires around and what not. I doubt it'll be a plug - n - play.


The bike is looking great man.
def not plug and play do you think it could be done with spare 954 harness?
 
  #6  
Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 PM
PossibleOne's Avatar
Welcome Crew Technician
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 515
Default

Anything can be done. You would have to get a connector to match the one on your bike. If not, you can get a uni one or something of that nature but at the end of the day you are connecting wires. Spare harness may have those connectors etc. Bike is effin sick though.

-Poss
 
  #7  
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default

Originally Posted by J0HNDiLLiNGER View Post
def not plug and play do you think it could be done with spare 954 harness?
Yes, but you'd also need a spare harness connector off the TB's. 954 harness - PCIII and then PCIII - 954 TB's. You'll need the wiring diagrams for the r6 or PCIII so that you know which wires are which on the PCIII and where they go on your 954 connectors.


But it should be able to be done so long as it's coming off of an R6 that has a single injector per cylinder (not sure if the new ones have 2 injectors per cylinder or not).


Do you know if it comes with a crank sensor plug as well? I'm not sure if that's standard on all PC's or just mine for adjusting the spark (as I had the PCIIIr)
 
  #8  
Old 03-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 308
Default

Does the R6 pc3 accept the 954 map? Standard PC3Usb doesn't have a plug for crank and some models need the o2 sensor plug from dynojet. German and California models.
 
  #9  
Old 03-26-2014, 06:43 PM
J0HNDiLLiNGER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ellenville, NY
Posts: 100
Default

thanks a lot guys but im not going to mess with it. originally I thought the pc was universal and harness unplugged from the pc its self and I could use a 954 pc harness or 929 cause I have a pc that came with the 929 that doesn't work thought I could use harness from it but then I found out today that it doesn't unplug from pc and was a whole new ball game but thanks a lot for the help everyone I just need to buy 1 for the 954 I already feel bad I haven't dumped any serious money in her this year
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.