CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!

Do i have to bleed the breakes or can i Just replace the pads without bleeding the bike? Also my chain is all filthy what can i buy to clean it!!?

Old 05-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Need Help!!!

You do not "have" to bleed the brakes, although it is a good idea. For the chain kerosene is reccamended by most manufacturers, although wd-40, simple green will work in a pinch. I use simple green and honda chain wax after personally.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM

Thanks!! for all the help, i dont know much about bikes this is my first one and it Awsome!!!! how do you wax it exactly? Here are some pics!!! its all stock what you think i should do!

Old 05-01-2008, 04:22 PM

probably frame sliders to start with, to protect your investment.

i peeled off that white sticker on the tail section on mine.....i just think it looks better without it, but thats just me. use a blowdryer to heat the sticker to peel it if you decide to go that same route.

you'll probably want flush mount turn signals, and an integrated tail light dealy.

for performance upgrades....new exhaust, and some other stuff that you'll find if you look around in this forum for a while.

This is what it looks like without the white vinyl on the tail....not a great pic, but you should get the idea.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:43 PM

Actually!!! i like that look!! i like how you took the RR off as well? do you know were i can order the same decal but in silver for the CBR & RR decal?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:13 AM

I like the hotbodies undertail kit. Makes a clean look, and I would look into getting rid of that coffee can muffler, and twin wall pipe leading to it with a good 3/4 exhaust system. I love the double bubble with smoke tint, and some asv levers. Also some rear sets will help with the boot scraping.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

For waxing its just a spray can (like paint), just put the back tire on your stand (if you have one) in neutral and spin the tire while spraying the chain.

For mods there is no end to what you can do. For looks, look at some pics, see what you like and what you want your bike to be. I guess looking at yours i would have to start with exhaust, i just cant stand seeing big cans anymore

Rick you should cut yours too

Before

After

Old 05-02-2008, 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

For waxing its just a spray can (like paint), just put the back tire on your stand (if you have one) in neutral and spin the tire while spraying the chain.

For mods there is no end to what you can do. For looks, look at some pics, see what you like and what you want your bike to be. I guess looking at yours i would have to start with exhaust, i just cant stand seeing big cans anymore

Rick you should cut yours too

Before

After

i like the way that the exhaust looks and i want to do the same thing!!! but how did u conect the exhaust back??? i can cut it and i can take off those rib its, but how do u put those ribits back??? drill a holes ( if that isnecessary )in the bottom off the can?! thenjust put the ribits in the hole and just clench them onand thats it?

Old 05-02-2008, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 02hondacbr954rr

Actually!!! i like that look!! i like how you took the RR off as well? do you know were i can order the same decal but in silver for the CBR & RR decal?
i did a google search for decal sets and found a site with awesome decals for every bike.

extreemedecal.com i think it was called.....i remember that extreeme had 2 e's in it.

either way that shuold make it easier to find, and the prices werent bad at all....and you have options, not just one type of decal to choose.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:30 PM

i took off my exhaust to check it out and see if i could figure out how to cut it and remount it and make it look factory. i wasnt able to see how to do it so i put it back on and decided to wait till someone answers his question about how to do it....or maybe i'll look in the how to forum and see if there's something there.