CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Motorcycle Repair Videos

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Motorcycle Repair Videos

I learn a lot online by watching how-to videos; I was gonna start filming my own when I work on motorcycles. Repair manual doesnt always cut it for us with ADHD. I would like to know what ya'll would like to see; let me know what I can do in the videos to make it interesting or better to understand. Unfortunately, Im not gonna take my bike apart just put it back, but when I do service, I will film it. Another thing is, most of my family and friends have gixxers and harleys, but none-the-less ill try to film anything I work on. I'll probably start with youtube and maybe make website(if I can figure that out, any geeks out there?). I'll appreciate input now, and support when they come out. This idea is not original, so anyone else that has time make em also, but please make them watchable, and understandable.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Id like to see a video on a valve shims. Do you have anything on the proceduers?

Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 PM

I already did a valve job on my bike, but one of the outer cap bolts broke and I had to order another on. I'll take everthing apart and demonstrate the procedure for measuring clearance, and calculations of the new shims. Im working on a Ford....Piece of ****e...spent the last few days working on that, but Ill start the bike as soon as possible. Im trying to get my uncles bikes gixxer 600, 750, 1000 in my garage so I can do all the maintenace. I can only get what I got, besides the procedure and calculations for most Jap bikes are very similar. Thank for the request, keep em coming.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Cool

For now check out wedginators posts regarding valvejobs on youtube, and let me know what you like and dont like about his videos. Im trying to work with some people to start my own website. I also need to gather more material.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Cool

Im gonna put all my tools back, get out the ones i need for the bike job. If you love to work on cars, motorcycles or whatever, dont do it for a living, you will get burned out in months. Im not gonna lie, eventually, I would like to make some money off my website. Im not gonna sell $10 videos; I was thinking $1 for downloadable specific videos. I have to go to San Diego to meet with a family friend to work out the details. Im the cheapest guy youll ever meet, so I know I wouldnt pay anything for a worthless video that i could find on youtube, thats why I want peoples opinion about other peoples videos so I can make it better. I was thinking about hiring some girls, to help with the videos; If i dont make money than my wife will think Im hiring girls just to look at them work on my bike....is bikini clad girls working on my bike tacky, I dont know, I like it. I promise, if I make a little money, its gonna go right back into tools and better videos. I need more requests on what yall wanna see!

Old 11-08-2011, 07:26 PM

I would have paid a dollar or even more for a quality how-to on removing and cleaning carburetors, there is a fairly good video on YouTube on removing them, and with the help from this site I managed to figure it out on my own, but a quality video would have helped enormously and definetely would have paid money. +1 on the scantily clad women.