CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Missing Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Mirrors

Hey guys,
I just bought a '03 954RR. The guy I bought it from put a new kit on and it has no mirrors or assembly to install mirrors. Where do I need to cut to install mirrors?

I see mirrors on ebay that are cheap. Any ebay buyers, brands are just as good as OEM but cheaper? Ones I should stay away from or look for?

Appreciate the help!! I don't have the best neck and back so I need the mirrors to make sure what's going on around me.

Name:  missingmirrors.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  57.3 KB

Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Banned
Default RE: Missing Mirrors

Cool lookin' upper!

As far as drilling, you'll need to determine if that upper fairing stay is original. If it is, you'll see two bolt holes on the inside of the windscreen - those are the mirror mounts, one on each side. If those mounts aren't there then you'll have to do one of two things.

Either find an OEM upper stay or try and mount some, "pig spotters." They're much smaller, and really in the best cases only give you an, "idea" of what's going on behind you.

I've bought plenty of mirrors off of eBay and I've been let down a few times, and satisfied a few. Just find some that you like and post a link. I'll let you know if I/we know anything about them.

FWIW, I dig the look of the upper you have now! But mirrors are a nice thing to have

Old 02-06-2008, 02:35 PM

I was gonna buy some pig spotters one time, cuz i think they are hot.However, my wifes bike had them on there when i bought it, and when I rode it, I could barely see from them. I chose to stay stock.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what "kid" said.. you have to look if you have the upper stay mirror bracket first.. then if you do just drill holes to line up with the screw holes and all mirrors are basically the same on ebay.. but you will need the 4 bolts..

http://216.37.204.206/wps/Honda_OEM/...A=361&B=62

Old 02-06-2008, 06:14 PM

Thanks kid!! Bad paint job but i hopefully can buff and buff it smooth to shine.

yeah there right under the dimples I have to cut out. i talked to the previous owner and he said I just have to cut that out.

i seen pig spotters and i couldn't see anything! plus there $100 without LED.

I just don't see difference in quality with the $20 ones to the $40. Here's a couple I'm looking at. Please I would value your input!!

These are $40
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...spagenameZWDVW

These are $54.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda...spagenameZWDVW

You guys need any help detailing your bikes let me know. Meaning on products or tips. Message me!

These ones are $40.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Black...spagenameZWDVW

Old 02-06-2008, 06:35 PM

on the pig spotters. are they enough for just seeing if something is behind you? would they look dramatically better with my upper look? I'm not going to use the mirrors without turning my head after. So i just want mirrors to see if somebody is behind me while just riding, cops, swirving drunks etc.
I seen a set of pig spotters here.
There $107.95 with free shipping. They glow and blink while you have the turn signal on or I assume you can just have them glow all the time if you hook them up to the headlight fuse box, or just have a switch.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

If you weigh more than 100 lbs they are useless imo.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 PM
VP

pig spotters only show you whats over your shoulder when you laying all the way down on the tank... and theyre not really a good thing if you're worried about traffic because you probablywon't be going fast enough to use them (unless you ride like a lazy idiot)

Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

pig spotters only show you whats over your shoulder when you laying all the way down on the tank... and theyre not really a good thing if you're worried about traffic because you probablywon't be going fast enough to use them (unless you ride like a lazy idiot)
+1 on that. Im 6'2", 195 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal and riding in a normal riding position, all i saw was my own shoulders. But seriously, im a pretty slim dude and it didnt work well for me. They were on my wifes bike and I wanted her to have the most vision as possible, so I took em off, and sold em on ebay. But overall, just do what works for you. Try em out if you like em that much. If youre not feeling them, do what I did.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mirrors are all same for most part, find the cheapest with a ebay store with a good feedback, i like how the fairing looks.. better then block off plates

Quick Reply: Missing Mirrors