CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Lowering the Bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering the Bike

Hey everybody I'm sure there's a thread on this but i couldn't find it so, my question is how is the best way to lower the front of my bike?
Ive had people tell me to use straps but others have told me that it makes the seals go out on it. Im kinda new to the taking them apart and stuff i usually just ride them then sale them but this one im keeping and making a project so i have to start some where. Im taking it apart for paint and thought that i would get the lowering part out of the way so help me out. thanks.
And if there is a thread about it let me know.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Default RE: Lowering the Bike

Try to get used to putting your left leg down and keeping your right leg on the rear brake. It works better considering over 80% of the time you're on a bike you're moving and the detriment to handling is noticeable from lowering if you ride hard or plan to take it to the track. You just have to get used to the feel of the bike leaning a little farther at a stop. It's not a big deal. Why spend money when you can learn a better/good practice? Take some time to practice this and you'll be comfortable with it.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 PM

Oh im used to it being the height that it is my 600rr was the same way. Im not going to be stunting it or riding hard i think it looks good low. This is just goin to be a cruiser to go out and enjoy the ride oh and pick up chicks haha. A friend of mine does air brushing work and is going to paint the en-tier bike. Lowered and paint is all im doin to it.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:53 AM

Comin from somebody that has a lowered bike......ive lowered my bike without stretchin it and it felt good when cornering so dont believe the rumors....only thing that is bad wit a lowered bike is scraping ur footpegs when cornerin to hard and hittin a dip. lowering the front is fairly easy..... find somethin to support the front like a hydraulic jack and place that under the headers. loosen your upper and lower tripple tree and your clip ons.....dont loosin them very much just enough where you can take a rubber mallet and hit the top tree to lower it....thats bout it just make sure you measure plenty of times so u dont have uneven forks. the hydraulic jack is there so the bike doesnt fall threw the tripple trees...its pretty much a back up just incase u loosen your trees and clip ons to much

Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Bert

Hey everybody I'm sure there's a thread on this but i couldn't find it so, my question is how is the best way to lower the front of my bike?
Ive had people tell me to use straps but others have told me that it makes the seals go out on it. Im kinda new to the taking them apart and stuff i usually just ride them then sale them but this one im keeping and making a project so i have to start some where. Im taking it apart for paint and thought that i would get the lowering part out of the way so help me out. thanks.
And if there is a thread about it let me know.

https://cbrforum.com/m_172601/tm.htm

Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 PM

k thanks for your advice. im not going to strech this one i think we are goin to go with a 2 side paint job my friend jesse does amazing air brushing and he'll do something badass.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:08 PM

here is a link-for a fully adjustable rear lowering link

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/Spencer/Links.asp

you can tune the rear suspension with this-big time 954 suspension
bling-bling!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

Comin from somebody that has a lowered bike......ive lowered my bike without stretchin it and it felt good when cornering so dont believe the rumors....only thing that is bad wit a lowered bike is scraping ur footpegs when cornerin to hard and hittin a dip. lowering the front is fairly easy..... find somethin to support the front like a hydraulic jack and place that under the headers. loosen your upper and lower tripple tree and your clip ons.....dont loosin them very much just enough where you can take a rubber mallet and hit the top tree to lower it....thats bout it just make sure you measure plenty of times so u dont have uneven forks. the hydraulic jack is there so the bike doesnt fall threw the tripple trees...its pretty much a back up just incase u loosen your trees and clip ons to much
Yes listen to pimpncbr954sF**K the facts. If you are gonna ride your bike like a cruiser, lowering wont hurt it any that you will notice. If you ride your bike anything like it was designed to then you will definately tell the difference.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

Yes listen to bert F**K the facts. If you are gonna ride your bike like a cruiser, lowering wont hurt it any that you will notice. If you ride your bike anything like it was designed to then you will definately tell the difference.
PlayfulGod-i love that avatar!!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: outsider8
PlayfulGod-i love that avatar!!!!
Ty I stole it from another forum lol

Quick Reply: Lowering the Bike