CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

lowered the 954

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowered the 954

if you put a 200 tire on the rear, lowering your bike would be the last to do in matters of handling. please buy another bike

Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: dopeman 1979

if you put a 200 tire on the rear, lowering your bike would be the last to do in matters of handling. please buy another bike

Exactly, the squid did it mearly for the bling factor, which is like I said, completely retarded!!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:53 PM

Just to clear it up i will add pictures of my "tender strips" to show that with a lowered and stretched bike you can still take corners. Add the lil "without pictures" smiley but i will go out and take some. Dont think for a second that just cause my **** is chrome and paint and lowered and stretched that i wont run corners with the rest. Be back in a bit to add pictures

Old 04-02-2008, 08:26 PM

I was gonna ask why you would butcher a nice bike like that but then I saw you're from Texas...question answered.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:20 PM

Man i love how just posting something you did to your bike brings out all the smartasses. I lowered the bike because i have been on lowered ones before and liked it better. I had a 03 600rr that was stock hieght and it didnt bother me. Lowering it had nothing to do with the "bling look" or what ever you called it. I payed for it and can do as i please, and call me a squid or whatever i just ride when i can and dont do any stunts. Other than that the bike sets in the garage. And dont think i dont mind your guys input or i wouldnt of even made a post of this but i was just showing what i did. Bottom line i like it. Oh and as for the 200 tire and it being lower i have no problem hittin the curves with everybody else.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Bert

No reason for the lowering, i just like the look of it and well i do tend to race quit often. Im in Joplin Mo. and every badass car around here happens to be owned by old people that think their cars are badass so i show them up for the fun of it. Cops dont care about bikes here they have bigger crap goin on so they just waive.

Well you must admit, this post makes you sound like squid of the year. I'll bet your what, all of 22?

Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no offense to the op or any other lowered stretched fat tired sport bike rider. Your bike may still do twisties, but it does em alot slower than it use too. Thats the facts. But to each their own.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:19 PM

23 but close enough, but like i said i did it because i like it. Man i guess i got this forum all wrong, i though it was somewhere riders could get together and bull **** about there bikes and **** without the snobby type but guess i was wrong. So in other words i guess in order to post something up i need to have years of experience riding and be able to tell that my tire pressure is low just when sitting on the bike. I mean come on is there anybody on here that just rides to have fun. I remember when i first started riding the cruisers and harleys did there own thing and the sport bikes did theres but now we all go out together, theres no difference in the bike all that matters is your on 2 wheels.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Bert i said earlier i like it, as far as lowering it, hey man to each his own, especially ifya like to race and dont turn a lot.

Trouble and Dopeman you guys are a bit harsh with all the squid stuff imo. He is new here too, give the guy a chance eh.

Trouble not that i need to say anything at all cause Pimpin is one of my boys and he can handle his own easily enough. But just cause i feel like it, Back the F*%$ off, your outa line.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bert

23 but close enough, but like i said i did it because i like it. Man i guess i got this forum all wrong, i though it was somewhere riders could get together and bull **** about there bikes and **** without the snobby type but guess i was wrong. So in other words i guess in order to post something up i need to have years of experience riding and be able to tell that my tire pressure is low just when sitting on the bike. I mean come on is there anybody on here that just rides to have fun. I remember when i first started riding the cruisers and harleys did there own thing and the sport bikes did theres but now we all go out together, theres no difference in the bike all that matters is your on 2 wheels.
nah you're doin it right. You are sharing what you like. And unlike others, you are not trying to bullsh*t and say your lowered bike handles as well as one that isnt, which is complete BS. Ride your ride, what n how you like your bike is only your bussiness. I personnaly dont like the lowered look, I want handling etc, over looks. But my bike isnt a complete eye sore either so lol. Like I said to each thier own, as long as you like it F**k what anyone else thinks myself included. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: lowered the 954