CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

instrument lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instrument lights

i just recently purchased a used cbr 954 . while reading thru the owners manual it seems like i understood that ALL of the lights in the instrument cluster should come one when the ignition is turned on? at least all of them should light up even just for a few seconds.

is this correct? or am i misunderstanding the book?

Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: instrument lights

not all

Old 10-18-2007, 09:11 AM

ok so which should come on then? i thought all of them are supposed to light up briefly, then after a few seconds only the red one should remain on. the others could remain on too if they are engaged (neutral, turn sigs,)

Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Turns don't come on from what i remember (bike is away for the year now)... neutral comes on if it's in neutral.

That's all i can remember... it's been awhile since i have been riding.... sad

Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 AM

You have only a few indicators on your guage cluster.... Low fuel indicator, High beams, Oil, Turn sigs left and right, and Neutral indicator. Depending on if your bike is in gear or not or your high or low beams are on determines what lights are on. With your bike in gear and you high beams on the only light that will not come on is the Low fuel indicator and turn signals. If your askin becuz you wanna know that all your indicators are workin, when you run low on fuel the little yellow light on the tach will come on, and so on with the others (self explanitory).

Old 10-18-2007, 08:41 PM

thx pimpn & matty. i guess my question is more about what lights come on immediately after turning ignition key on. i know the other idiot lights will come on (& stay on) if that feature is engaged.

& yeah pimpn, i'm asking cuz i wanna make sure all the lights are wrking s they should. i bought it used and am not that familiar with the cbr soooo i'm just starting with some basic indications of whether or not previous owner messed something up or not. eventually i'll take it to a local shop & have them give it a thorough once over.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:54 PM

If your bike is in neutral and high beams are on,you should only see Red,Green, and Blue.Red goes off after fuel pump primes.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 PM

letsride, FINALLY! an answer that i can relate to., thx... that's basically what i'm looking for & need to understand. but would that red light stay on for anyother reason/problem with the bike??

Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

the red light pertains to your oil level

Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 PM

Your welcome.As stated by bobjoezx,it is for your oil level normally comes on when oil level is low about 2 quarts in there.

Quick Reply: instrument lights