CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

help wanted bad! may is here

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help wanted bad! may is here

please help, i have a 2002 954 i got last summer, i work at a body shop so i wanted to do some paint work to it, i puled it all apart ran fine. i pulled every thing out painted frame,under tail everything, i put it all back together turns over sound like it want to start but dosent. i pulled it all back a part now it just got the gas tank on it, cheacked all plugs everything. fuel pump work you can hear it run. some time it will spudder like it want to start . tomaroow taking plugs out and cheacking everything. why would this happen things like brand new?????????????????? please help dont know alot about bikes!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Default RE: help wanted bad! may is here

I just bought a 954 that sat over the winter, tornapart waiting on paint also. After the purchace I put it all back together and I had the exact same problem. First off my fuel pump was not working properly from sitting dry that long, I had to run some gas through it off the bike and I hooked power to it with two wires off the battery until she starting pumping good (do at your own risk). After that she was still trying to start but not run, took out the plugs (which were not the iridium it is supposed to have) replaced with the $16+ iridium plugs and she fired and runs like a top now. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 PM

Make sure you put the right connectors in the right place.(map sensor plug, has a twin in grey)

Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 PM

Perhaps your tip-over sensor was re-installed upside down or not installed in the correct place (just hanging)?