CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Help with front signals

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with front signals

I am putting on some aftermarket front turn signals and I can't figure out which wires to use with the new two wire signal. I do not care about running lights, do I just simply tape off the extra wire or splice it in with on of the other two? Which wire is which?

Please help!!! Thanks

Old 01-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Help with front signals

do you have a test light?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 PM

If I recall there are three wires on the stock signal? I could be wrong... I helped a buddy put his on his 600rr. What I did was tested all the different wires possibilities until it works. Yeah a pain, but the directions were no good.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:23 PM
VP

Yup there are three different wires...one goes to negative and the other two just get wired into positive. It will give you the running lights you need to be DOT legal and turn signals. make sure you go crazy if you're just going to use electrical tape or else you can find yourself blowing fuses. I'd actually recommend heat shrink.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM

so if i don't want running lights, just don't use the extra wire???

Old 01-05-2009, 12:38 PM

green wire is your ground wire and you have two hot leads one is running lights and the other is for blinker. So since you don' want the running light you need to cap off the light so you don't have some loose hot wire to contact a ground and blow a fuse. I would suggest is just cutting off the end of the wire, and then fold it back. Get a piece of shrink tube and put it on and heat it up to shrink it. You'll end up with a loop at the end of the wire and that is about how clean as you can get it and you'll be sure not to run into any electrical problem with exposed wire and black tape getting rubbed off

Old 01-06-2009, 06:50 AM

sweet!!! thanks everybody

Old 01-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Quick question: Ive never tried maybe someone else has, but what if you hook up that third wire (2nd hot) with the other hot on aftermarket blinkers? Do you think it would do a running light type of setup

Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 AM

tried that, blew fuse

Old 01-07-2009, 11:50 AM

there are two hot wires, one side is orange and orange with white stripe, and the other side is blue and blue with white strip. those two come out together and off out of a different palce there is a green or black(cant remember) that is ground wire.

one of the colored wires is running and one is the blinker, you have to test to see which is which.

for two wire set up just hook up the ground, then take the positive lead and connect it to one of the colored wires and hit your turn signal and watch it, then hook it the the other one and watch it, I believe one of them will blink and then one is just running light and will cut out when you hit the signal. then just hook it up to the blinking one and tape/shrink wrap everything off.

Pimpin- Yes. It will. It cuts power to the running light when you turn on your signal. one of the two wires coming from the light will cause the light to be brighter when you give it power and the other will be dim. You want to use the bringter one for you signal and the other one for your running light. the package will tell you which is which then the manual will tell you which is which on the bike, or you can just use trial and error like i did. took about 10 min to figure it all out.

Quick Reply: Help with front signals