CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

GSX-R 750 brake question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSX-R 750 brake question

I know yall are probably going to chew me out for asking a question about a gixxer in here but: Today i decided to go for a ride on my wifes gixxer[:@] and when I attempted to push in the rear brake lever, it went all the way down, without stopping the bike. I have a better chance stopping the bike flinstone style. I immediately turned around and came home. I tried it in the driveway a few times and I can feel it engage slightly, butit wont even hold the bike from rolling backwards. I checked the fluids (good). Im sure its a way to adjust, that are pretty similar on all bikes. Can someone help me out? (Bobjoe). The honda should be here in less than 3 weeks.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Default RE: GSX-R 750 brake question

assuming no leaks present-there is either air in the system(requires bleeding)or a internal malfunction
in the rear master cylinder-one or the other!!

o8

Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM

could it still need to be bled even though the front brake still works normal? Thanks for the quick response outsider.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a rear brake adjuster for the pedal.. check that.. or else you have a air bubble.. check the lines pads caliper

Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 PM

if you look at the rear-set for the r/side-some where in that area-you should see a cylinder that has the line
going to the rear caliper-also,look at the rear brake fluid reservoir and follow it down-basically the same thing!
-the rear brakes are completely independent from the front-i would recommend bleeding the system first!
once you really look at it-it is simple-sportbike rear brakes utilize a very small area!
if you need help with the bleeding process,just do this-get a wrench that fits the bleeder screw(it should have a
rubber cap on it-remove the cap!)-activate the brake-loosen the bleeder screw-air or fluid should come out,do this
while the brake is activated-hold the peg down!!-tighten the screw,then release the brake peg-move it up/down
a bunch of times-then repeat!!-the trick is this-DO NOT OPEN THE BLEEDER SCREW-THEN RELEASE THE BRAKE PEDAL-
KEEP THE PEDAL DOWN!!!-the target is to have resistance in the rear brake pedal,loosen the screw-then feel the
pedal go to the floor!
i hope this helps you!

o8
Name:  smile.gif
Views: 11
Size:  1.0 KB

damn!!-this reply looks like sh*t-i guess there is a difference when using apple computers!!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM

muchas graciasmi hermano.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:25 PM

tried to bleed, its not building pressure. same amount of resistance. I guess there must be a real problem huh?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well there is a reservior.. a line.. a caliper and brake pads.. what have yiou all checked this is pretty simple to pinpoint your problem but how long did you bleed it for?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM

bled for maybe 10 mins. brake lever down, loosen screw, tighten screw, released lever, pumped lever 15 to 20 times. small amounts of fluid came out each time.repeated about 10 times. stopped when i felt no gaining resistance. Did I stop too soon? all connections appear to be tight/ leak free but i really dont know what i should be looking for.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
VP

did you skip checking the adjuster on the brake pedal? That same thing happened to me when I got my first bike and it took a few (hundred) miles to figure it out.

Quick Reply: GSX-R 750 brake question