CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

graves air box

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default graves air box

was on psychobike looking for some busa parts and got to doing some reading in the cbr forum and ran across a few guys talking about a fiberglass airbox they had installed that made a huge difference on the 954rr.. was produced by graves motorsports and they had to lower the radiator etc but i cant faind anything else about it.. would like to find a pic of one and fab my own since they discontinued the air box like most parts for these bikes.. i love the way the bike handles and runs until you get in the 130+ range.. sure the ram air would greatly improve it up top where she starts laboring...

Old 05-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive seen this done one time. That was several years ago. What I see doing, but dont really agree with it, is cutting a whole in the frame and removing the stock ram air tubes and running some through the frame and to the fairing. But again I dont recommend cutting a hole in your frame. I believe that is how it was done on the only one I remember seeing....

Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i've heard about this HRC ram air (just like the motogp bikes use). but they're hella expensive. from everything i've heard by some brainy guy on another forum, when you have two inlets (like the 954 airbox), you can't possibly get "ram" air because no matter what (whether you're going forward at any speed), air will come in one and the excess air not being used by the engine will get pushed out of the inlet that has less incoming pressure. the only way you can have ram air is to have only one inlet where the incoming air pressure pushs the air into the TBs and it has nowhere to escape.

Attached Thumbnails graves air box-blade-20ram-20air.jpg   graves air box-blade-20954-20ram-20air-20nose.jpg