CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Fuel Injector Broke?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Broke?!

So after wrecking my bike more than a week ago as posted in other forums on here, i rode the bike home. It started up and rode fine. Tonight i went to crank it up after a week of it being in pieces..and it wont turn over. When i put the ignition switch down I don't here that high-pitch
"beeeeeeeeep" that the fuel-injector makes as it's booting up or whatever. So now it just cranks over and over but wont start.

1) How do I get the tank of my 954 and Seat off to get to the Fuel Injector sensor?!
2) I'd think it would have broke when i wrecked and not just go bad, any idea of the problem?!

I need all help i can get!\

Thanks

Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Default RE: Fuel Injector Broke?!

to take the seat off u have to lift the corners of the back of it(right where it meets the back seat) there will be 2 allen head screws just remove them and ur seat will pop off.for ur gastank just take off the two allen head bolts up top below the tripple trees and lift it up(u dont have to undo the bottom by the seat cuz u can raise and lower without taking them off). did u try checkin ur fuse box to see if it was blown? if that doesnt solve anything when u lift ur tank make sure everything is connected.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

to take the seat off u have to lift the corners of the back of it(right where it meets the back seat) there will be 2 allen head screws just remove them and ur seat will pop off.for ur gastank just take off the two allen head bolts up top below the tripple trees and lift it up(u dont have to undo the bottom by the seat cuz u can raise and lower without taking them off). did u try checkin ur fuse box to see if it was blown? if that doesnt solve anything when u lift ur tank make sure everything is connected.
I havn't checked the fuse box on the bike yet but I'll do allt his first thing tomorrow. Thanks again for your help and I'll keep yall updated.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i said this in your other posting as well but what you are describing is that your fuel pump is not priming (that high pitched noise) . check the fuses and relay and if you have to jump a power wire directly to the pump and see if it turns on. do a search for "fuel pump" and im sure you will find quite a few other people have a problem with theirs not priming either .. good luck

Old 05-29-2007, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

i said this in your other posting as well but what you are describing is that your fuel pump is not priming (that high pitched noise) . check the fuses and relay and if you have to jump a power wire directly to the pump and see if it turns on. do a search for "fuel pump" and im sure you will find quite a few other people have a problem with theirs not priming either .. good luck
Thanks..i'll check everything tonight and get back to yall and see what's going on.

Appreciate all the help!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:19 PM

I've heard of the tilt sensor something getting pissed off after crashing or taking a bike apart, but I have no idea if that cuts out the fuel pump (the high pitched whine). otherwise, yeah, fuses n ****.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: nikos

I've heard of the tilt sensor something getting pissed off after crashing or taking a bike apart, but I have no idea if that cuts out the fuel pump (the high pitched whine). otherwise, yeah, fuses n ****.
you are correct about this, the reason i didnt mention it to him is because he said he rode it home. if the tilt sensor was messed up it wouldnt have started after he wrecked, but it is a valid point to bring up

Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that white in the fuel pump .... try the fuses and then look at the fuel pump...

Old 05-30-2007, 05:18 PM

I checked all fuses, everything looks fine. I have my tank up now but im not sure which sensor im looking for. I checked few of them, but which one goes to the fuel injector?! Also, any other ideas?

Old 05-30-2007, 05:51 PM

Use the service manual it shows you how to open up everything

http://gntbldr.com/HondaManuals/954.zip (right click then save target as)

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Broke?!