CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exhaust

ORIGINAL: mark21901

radar guns need calibrated from what i hear...if thats true maybe you guns off. i dont think your going to break 200 on a 954 without dropping at least 6k into it. i.e.full exhaust. mapping, velocity stacks. 2 ply air filter, lighter wheels, 20-30 shot nos,vp-110 lets notforget plugs and wires..
i should mention though it is possible to break 200 on the 05gsxr1000 without putting more than 3k into it.
i agree-except for a full exhuast-imo-the exhaust will need to be open as low and mid-range
torque is not a factor-that run would take everything that engines got-plus countless mods!!
that is the engine-suspension needs to be set/built for it as well!!-if you did the work yourself
6k is close-i would bet closer to 7k-8k,that would be one bad-*** 954!!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 AM

i am a very skilled rider and i love to ride street..i love to play and i can put that 954 in a turn with my knee on the ground and i love it...but i have been riding so long that i want to try something else..i have mastered street riding and pushing a bike to its limits in turns,excel.,performance..also i have never hit 200mph, i am a bit of a speed freak..but i would not call it an absession but it is a goal of mine to hit 200mph even if i have to put a huge shot of nos to get me there...but i dont know if you guys understand that i live for riding hard and fast..i ride the line between crazy and stupid...it may be a dangerous place to be but it keeps me going...

Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

i am a very skilled rider and i love to ride street..i love to play and i can put that 954 in a turn with my knee on the ground and i love it...but i have been riding so long that i want to try something else..i have mastered street riding and pushing a bike to its limits in turns,excel.,performance..also i have never hit 200mph, i am a bit of a speed freak..but i would not call it an absession but it is a goal of mine to hit 200mph even if i have to put a huge shot of nos to get me there...but i dont know if you guys understand that i live for riding hard and fast..i ride the line between crazy and stupid...it may be a dangerous place to be but it keeps me going...
why dont u go on the damn track and be somone... instead of trying to ****ing hit 200mph on a damn public road and then we have to come clean your *** up when u crash because ur tire decided to blow or u hit someone ... go to the damn track u want to go that fast..

by the way.... how old are u ... how much expierence do u have etc.....

Old 05-04-2007, 12:13 PM

Common dude. Skilled rider? Mastered street riding? No way. That takes years, and skilled riders areadmit to still learning. How long have you been riding? How many miles of riding do you have? Do you have 30,000 miles of under your belt. How about the ability to look at a new turn an know exactly how much entry speed you can safelyuse without giving up your sight distance. This only comes through miles of experience. Knee on the ground? Do you know that many AMA racers say that while they get a knee down on the track, they don't even come close on the road. Why? Because the speeds you need to do something like that on the streetare just asking for trouble. And thiswhat "skilled riders" say about their street skills. Skilled riding is way more than getting your knee down and or hitting 200 mph. Very skilled, don't delude yourself.Not to sound harsh but sounds like your are more like a squid. Wouldn't be surprised if you ride insneakers, jeans, andno jacket. BTW, crazy and stupid are the same thing.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:44 PM

if you have to hit 200 just turbo it man you can probably do it your self wit the skills you got... i wouldnt go chase a number man ive maxed my bike out on a few group rides and its fcukin scary hiting 170+ with nothing around you catch a head shake at high speeds and let me know how that feels because i felt like my heart stopped

Old 05-05-2007, 03:09 AM

ok guys, the way i ride is the way i ride....i am 30 years old and i have been on a sportbike scince i was 16...I have a truck now but up intil 2 years ago i have only owned a bike to get around...maybe the track is the safest way to hit those speeds but around here there is no track long enough to allow me to do that...and i dont have the money to travel around and find one...so i try my luck on public roads...when there is no traffic...i wear full gear and i try to make rashjudgments when i ride...i am not out of control and try to be safe..i just would like to hit 200mph...and if you know of a better way for me to do thatthen great ..help me out...i got on here for advice..but it seems that you guys are bashing on me,which is cool, you have your opinons..and i except them..but i dont ask any of you to try the things i am doing..and if i fail than i will have to try something else...i consider myself to be a skilled rider because i have been riding pretty hard for 15 years and i am still here...so i appreciate everyones input but try to help me hit those speeds instead of telling me how impossible they are....my bike will be complete on sunday..monday morning i will try my luck and see what these mods that i have made will do and i will post on monday afternoon to let you guys know how it went...

Old 05-05-2007, 03:23 AM

oh yea...those of you who posted and actually know what there talking about..please leave all the input you can for me...i bought this bike because i have a friend that has the same bike going 200+ All i want to do is the same... so all input is welcome...i have a little money to do this project...so please let me know ant secrets to getting this bike over 200..but i will let you guys know monday if i can break that barrier...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:15 AM

well guys...picked up the bike this morning and took it strait to the dyno....said bike is capable on 200+ speeds...went to my long road over in galveston and the guy i clocked with the radar gun at 204 had radar gun...fastest he clocked me was 187....i have the exact mods he does...so the only thing we could think of is that he weights about 20lb lighter than me and there was 15 mph head wind....will have to try again later....P.S. this bike is scary as hell at those speeds...it wobbles like crazy and vibration feals like it is going tofall apart...dont know if i will try again on this bike....but i do have to say...the bike pulled up in the first 2 gears took me about 1.5 miles to hit top speed held 187 for about a mile then let off....honestly, i had 2k rpmbefore red line left....but got scared from the wobble and vibration....if you guys have any hints on how to make the bike more stable please throw me a couple,,,

Old 05-08-2007, 02:49 AM

Lowered 3 inches?!?!? I haven't looked into lowering too much, but is this even possible? Joey, just shut up with all the talk and let us know when you get to ride your bike w/mods. If your buddy has the same mods on the same bike that it's in the same condition, and you don't weigh any more than him, than you should be getting a very similar performance result. Let us know when it's done. It's been about a week since your first post, how much longer until it's done? Whatever happened to your initial problem with your "custom airbox"?

friend of mine owns a bike shop...the results were tested on a dyno...i went ahead and bought a full exhaust...so i will find out soon enough what my bike will do...and i will post dyno results...
You talk about dyno results, but you didn't even tell us anything about what the results showed. If the dyno showed 200 MPHtop speed, then how could he hit 204 on the street with all the wind resistance?! I don't mean to rag on you Joey, but this all seems like BS...I guess I have to see to believe, or you have to fill in these "holes" in what you're saying.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:01 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BS 110%....... so many holes in your damn story it's a joke..... i have been at 183 indicated on my 954 which is about 170 but it sure didn't seem like it was going to fall apart.. maybe it's just you and your magic 200 mph 954.....lets see a pic of this bike.. are you sure you are not paying a video game..... come over and ride with me... see if you can hang then you can post this BS

Quick Reply: exhaust