CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Electrical problem?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem?

I have an 02 954RR and I noticed the other day while riding the low fuel light came on so I stoped for gas and it was still nearly full, then today I've noticed every time I shut the bike off the clock and trip resets. I've had no starting problems with the battery and the connections are good. Has anyone else had this problem or kno what it could be?

Old 05-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

connection from guage plug to guage good? thats weird man. i have no idea what could be wrong other than the fuel sensor or speed sensor...

curious, has your fan come on at all? if not, have you checked the fuses?

sorry to hear about another problem bro

Old 05-13-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
connection from guage plug to guage good? thats weird man. i have no idea what could be wrong other than the fuel sensor or speed sensor...

curious, has your fan come on at all? if not, have you checked the fuses?

sorry to hear about another problem bro
Yeah that connection is good, but the clock resets as soon as I turn it off but the fuel light comes on and off randomly

Old 05-14-2011, 01:25 PM

Ive had the same problem with the trip and clock resetting every time i turn the key. No issues with the fuel light though. Ive cleaned the plugs and still the same. I know as soon as my fuel light comes on i have about 30 miles before I run out....Who needs the clock anyways? Im usually not on a schedule when i ride, its me time.... I have yet to figure out if its the harness or gauge...

Old 05-14-2011, 03:12 PM

well, i did a lil bit of googling, found some guys that had the same problem in europe. it ended up being a corroded pin in the connector that is located in the middle of the harness, not the one by the guages.

if it were me, i'd just go through all the plugs checking the pins for looseness and to see if any look corroded. that would bug me man... sorry to hear you're having another issue.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:50 PM

well, i did a lil bit of googling, found some guys that had the same problem in europe. it ended up being a corroded pin in the connector that is located in the middle of the harness, not the one by the guages.

if it were me, i'd just go through all the plugs checking the pins for looseness and to see if any look corroded. that would bug me man... sorry to hear you're having another issue.
In the middle of the harness like under the seat or tank? Yeah it sucks just got it back on the road not long ago and still a problem, I know ots not really that big of a deal but when I have somthing I want EVERYTHING to be in perfect working order, its not that I need it its that it just don't work. Thanks for doing to research for me there Conrice, ill go through and check the connections under the seat and tank that I can get too and make sure I didn't get a loose or corroded pin during the removal of the engine from unpluging everything and then back up. But now that I think of it after I got done with the rebuild I set the clock and everything and it kept untill here this past week. So I don't know but it bothers the **** outta me lol

Old 05-15-2011, 08:09 AM

He's talking about the harness plugs that are blue and whitish grey. Underneath the right air duct cover...

Old 05-16-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
He's talking about the harness plugs that are blue and whitish grey. Underneath the right air duct cover...

yup, those are the ones...

and i know what you mean, if somethings wrong, i want it fixed... just look at the actual pins, clean both of the connectors.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 AM

yup, those are the ones...

and i know what you mean, if somethings wrong, i want it fixed... just look at the actual pins, clean both of the connectors.
It bugs the f*ck out of me though. It is also one of those small things that if I fix, I look at my bike like its a new bike. Its the small ****!

Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM

Okay guys so I was pullin the bike out of the shed today to ride in some beautiful weather and I start up clock is still reset I'm thinking damn ill never figure this out so I say screw it I wanna ride I don't need the clock just to ride and I ride up my back yard onto my gravel driveway, the whole gaue cluster goes out, nothing nada, not a single thing. First thing that came to mind is that the gauge cluster is bad because after messing around I noticed the high beam light still came on so I play with some more wires and still nothing so I find a blown fuse and replace it still nothing, find another fuse and wala it works again I set the clock and ride and just got home cut it off and back on and it kept time! It was a fuse that I had obviously overlooked. Yayyyy hopefully they just blown because they were old and they have a fuse that contols only the clock and taillight I figured it would just be a fuse for the whole cluster but I'm glad I found it and hopefuuly no more problems for the rest of the summer thanks for your input and help guys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical problem?