Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynojet Accelerator pump

no question about it... gotta go all the way on that mod

Old 02-22-2008, 08:06 PM

This bastard just told me that it would be $250 if I bought the power commander from them for $250. Since I already have a pc, its gonna be $350, plus the charge for taking off the fairings, plus tightening the chain, adjusting oil level, and replacing spark plugs if needed. I think they do that nonsense on purpose when they know its military. The other day I went to a Goodyear shop to ask how much it would cost to put a 20inch tire I already owned onto a rim. He was punching numbers on the calculator like there wasnt already a set price. Then he said $80. I was like dude, wtf? He said that it was harder to put on a 20 inch rim. I knew that was BS, the machine does all the work. Its crazy out here.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Actually Doog it can be harder depending on the tire profile, say if its a 30 or 40 series tire. The other reason you will find it more expensive is the liability of scratching or damaging your very expensive wheel. ( i work at a shop btw) We dont like to do them either. But 80 bucks is crazy, here normally would be 8 bucks to mount, 8 to balance, however depending on your wheel, and tire size i may charge you double if it will take more time than normal, so that would be a whopping 32 dollars total.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Actually Doog it can be harder depending on the tire profile, say if its a 30 or 40 series tire. The other reason you will find it more expensive is the liability of scratching or damaging your very expensive wheel. ( i work at a shop btw) We dont like to do them either. But 80 bucks is crazy, here normally would be 8 bucks to mount, 8 to balance, however depending on your wheel, and tire size i may charge you double if it will take more time than normal, so that would be a whopping 32 dollars total.
Its a 45 series tire. but he never even asked. I called the place across the street and he said he would do it for 40. Thanks for the insight btw

Old 02-22-2008, 10:25 PM
VP

yeah the guy that took the rim off my bike replaced and remounted and balanced the new rim and reinstalled it was $50

Old 02-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ we talking bout car tires btw, but thanks for trying VP

Old 02-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: doogstar

This bastard just told me that it would be $250 if I bought the power commander from them for $250. Since I already have a pc, its gonna be $350, plus the charge for taking off the fairings, plus tightening the chain, adjusting oil level, and replacing spark plugs if needed. I think they do that nonsense on purpose when they know its military. The other day I went to a Goodyear shop to ask how much it would cost to put a 20inch tire I already owned onto a rim. He was punching numbers on the calculator like there wasnt already a set price. Then he said $80. I was like dude, wtf? He said that it was harder to put on a 20 inch rim. I knew that was BS, the machine does all the work. Its crazy out here.
first of all .. take of fairings.... WHAT .. WHY no need.. need to take off the air damn cover i believe that's it also.. tighting the chain.. adjusting oil and replacting spark plugs.. tell them to stick it in your *** you can do it yourself and you can work out a much better price then 350.. i wouldn't pay anymore then 250

Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

^ we talking bout car tires btw, but thanks for trying VP
I know that... I meant by comparison I meant it's a helluva lot more work to change a motorcycle tire so a care tire should cost quite a bit less

Old 02-23-2008, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

first of all .. take of fairings.... WHAT .. WHY no need.. need to take off the air damn cover i believe that's it also.. tighting the chain.. adjusting oil and replacting spark plugs.. tell them to stick it in your *** you can do it yourself and you can work out a much better price then 350.. i wouldn't pay anymore then 250
I def would do all that myself, but you know how a company is when they want your money. They will charge you a roll fee. The least it will run me is $350. Im gonna have to try to get cool with someone from the shop.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Sorry VP didnt see you going there with that one. Although i actually would not agree with you, i can honestly change my bike tires as fast as i can change a car tire, i really dont see why the hell they charge so much more for bikes. With my stands and using a car tire mounting machine i get mine done in bout 15 minutes or so.

Doogstar, do you have the time and some basic mechanical skills? The oil, plugs, adjust chain really arent all that bad to do, and can do with some pretty basic tools.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Accelerator pump