CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Dyno numbers are in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyno numbers are in!

The local bike shop has recently gotten a dyno.....and they are literally around the corner from my house . It is a Dayton Dyno brand inertia type dyno. It was 84 degrees outside with 33% humidity at the time of the run. We are located about 229 feet above sea level and had a barometric pressure of 29.7inHG. We only ran the bike twice to see what type of numbers she was putting down. Power mods include a full Erion racing exhaust, BMC race air filter, airbox flapper delete, and I also blocked the pair valves. The bike also has a PCIIIr running a full Yoshi exhaust with stock or aftermarket air filter map (I was running the full Erion racing exhaust map before but was having a lot of flat spotting below 3000 rpms).

For the run I was running 32lbs of air pressure in the rear tire which was a Dunlop Q2. The numbers were 140 rwhp at 12,167 rpms and 67.17 ft/lb torque at 7922 rpm to the rear wheel. The bike is running EXTREMELY rich from 3750-4750 rpms and falls on its face during that rpm range. Keep in mind that these pulls were in four gear at 100 percent throttle. At no point have I ever been at 100 percent throttle when that low in the rpm range. I tried it today and realized that I would never be using 100 percent of the throttle when the bike was running those rpms. Next mod is going to be a set of Factory Pro velocity short stacks and then I will have a custom map built to eliminate any problems such as the one listed above. I'm hoping to see 150 rwhp once I install the velocity stacks and have a custom map/tune built for it. Here's a video of the dyno pull that I took using my phone. (Click the pic or try the link)

2002 Honda CBR 954RR :: 4a3b58a2.mp4 video by ajzcamaro - Photobucket

Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

did they try 5th or 6th gear rolls? will they do a custom tune for you?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 AM

We didn't try 5th or 6th gear rolls. They are good friends of mine so we are working out a trade for a custom built map that will include air/fuel as well as ignition adjustments. I'll probably have one map built for max hp (100% throttle) and then another built for rideability which is where I would see the most change in the bike. But I'm not going to have those maps built until I get the velocity stacks on there.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look like they need time to set up. They are not running any fans in there at all that I can see. Air movement is very important. Also if the equiment is new there tuner will need more time as well. Your numbers may get better.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM

It is really hard to find a tune shop that is familiar with the 954. Basically.....they are a bitch to tune! The last tune I had performed. I wanted an almost flat air/fuel curve. I did not want any hiccups in my RPM's. I just wanted constant, smooth power delivery. Figured I could use that on the street or track 24/7. Map was made for every gear and throttle position with an almost flat air/fuel curve. It finished with 142 at the rear and 68.4 for Torque. Your numbers are very close. From 3500-5500. Our Bikes refuse to have that air/fuel mixture to lay perfectly flat. It sucks we cant have the higher rwp #,s without any flatspots.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by BadS1
They look like they need time to set up. They are not running any fans in there at all that I can see. Air movement is very important. Also if the equiment is new there tuner will need more time as well. Your numbers may get better.
Yeah they definetly need to get a fan in there. I think it will make a huge difference. They got the dyno used so its not new but the did have to dial it in. I'm not butt hurt about the numbers it made bc they really have no bearing on how fast the bike is. I know I've had hardly any problems with keeping up to newer bikes when we go out riding the twisties. Granted, I would like to see atleast 150 when it's said and done. I was expecting 134/135 when they strapped it on the dyno so 140 wasnt too bad I guess lol.

Last edited by ajzcamaro; 04-18-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 AM

Unfortunately, without a brake on the dyno you can only tune the 100% column..

Old 05-05-2012, 03:30 AM

152 whp and 79.5 lb/ft torque. Dynojet 250i dyno
Wiseco pistons, full yoshi, flapper mod, usb3, bmc filter

Last edited by Made83; 05-05-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Made83
152 whp and 79.5 lb/ft torque. Dynojet 250i dyno
Wiseco pistons, full yoshi, flapper mod, usb3, bmc filter
Do you still have all of these mods that you posted about in the picture album?
-Wiseco high comp pistons
-Ported head
-Piper cams repro cams
-Yoshimura full exhaust
-Power commander USB3
-K&N air filter
-Flapper mod

Thats more internal engine work than I'm looking to do right now. But those torque numbers are nice! I just bought everything I need to swap over to a 520 setup so I'm hoping the unsprung weight will help free up some ponies as well. Mainly I'm just going with full bolt ons first to see what I can get out of her.

Last edited by ajzcamaro; 05-05-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: I can't spell! Lol
Old 05-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by ajzcamaro
Do you still have all of these mods that you posted about in the picture album?
-Wiseco high comp pistons
-Ported head
-Piper cams repro cams
-Yoshimura full exhaust
-Power commander USB3
-K&N air filter
-Flapper mod

Thats more internal engine work than I'm looking to do right now. But those torque numbers are nice! I just bought everything I need to swap over to a 520 setup so I'm hoping the unsprung weight will help free up some ponies as well. Mainly I'm just going with full bolt ons first to see what I can get out of her.
That 152 hp is without cams and headwork

Quick Reply: Dyno numbers are in!