CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Dont let your friends ride your new bike...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont let your friends ride your new bike...

I just got my honda cbr 954 3 days ago traded in my old seca II for It and I love the bike more then anything right now. I went to my friends house today to show him the bike and let him ride it (Bad Idea). So I let him ride down the street of his neighborhood and ten minutes passed and He hasnt come back... Im worrying What the hell happened. Finally I see him WALKING towards me not riding back so I pretty much knew something bad happened. He told me he was turning around in a culdesac and there was berrys from a tree that had fell down, somehow the berrys were slippery and he slid on them a little and as he did that he rolled on the throttle too much. and hit the curb and dropped the bike pretty hard.

So im wondering where I can get some cheap parts... I need the upper and right side fairing and new mirrors.

Im also wondering when he hit the curb he messed up the front tire alignment, Is that cheap to get fixed or Is there an easy way to do myself?

Ill try and get some pictures of the damage up soon.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Default RE: Dont let your friends ride your new bike...

Did you punch your friend in the ear?

Old 09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to ebay, when i redid my 954 that's where i got 85 % of my parts.. and make him pay for them!, upper and side fairings.. and mirrors are easy to find, but also put a post up in there or look around on the for sale ads in here, for the front tire.. look at it, hows the tire, hows the rim.. if looks a little wierd take it off look at the dust sheilds and so on.. i doubt it's ****ed up if he was only goin 5 or so MPH.... good luck... and ya never let anyone ride your bike unless they are better then you...

Old 09-17-2006, 01:35 PM

never let anyone ride your bike unless they are better then you
I dont know if I'd go that far.......nobody would ride my bike if that was the case.
LOL
It's a good way to check other bikes out, ride a freinds. However, there are only a handful of peeps I ride with that I trust enough to let ride my bike, as well as feel comfortable enough to ride theirs. And I wouldnt say they are better than me, but after you ride with someone long enough, you get to know what they would and wouldnt do on it.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:18 PM
VP

go to ebay
+1 on that... My bike formally met the pavement the other day (see CRASHED TESTED 954 in this forum from a weak ago), and I got all the replacement parts on it for way less than I could find anywhere else. It is the worlds marketplace after all

Old 09-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned

ya i know what you mean, i have a group too taht i would let a few ride but they are just as good as me, or atlest know how to ride, but i ride everyone's bike because i am the guy who usually fixs all the bikes so i take them out for a day or so, so yes i agree good way to try other bikes... haven't found a bike i would rather buy then a HONDA tho.. haha

Old 09-18-2006, 04:29 AM

Yeah ive been looking around ebay for upper and side fairings, I didnt find much except for people selling the full fairing kit.

The rim and tire are fine But the alignment is definatly messed up, I had my brother ride it and he noticed the aligment was screwed right off the bat. Im taking it to the honda dealership tomorrow to get the front tire re-aligned. and yeah my friends paying for everything that he broke.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Banned

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search

Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 PM

thanks for the link man, I guess I didnt look hard enough on ebay.

I fixed the alignment issue, The handle bar sets were just mis aligned.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

no prob, ya i figured that

Quick Reply: Dont let your friends ride your new bike...