CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Do you ride safe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you ride safe?

We all agree that riding is hazardous in and of itself but I wish I could shake the s**t out of the ignorant people I see riding without any gear, like in shorts and a beater... No joke, I was eating at the mall yesterday and literally saw this kid carrying his helmet with shorts and flip-flops on! Or even better, the guys with skull caps for a helmet. They must be planning to turn their body so that the top of their head takes the impact in a crash... don't worry your face/skull/hands/legs/torso/etc won't be absorbing any of the impact... just the top of your head. How many of you ride fully geared? Partially geared? Or minimally geared?

Fully geared
Joe Rocket Rasp Jacket with CE approved Armor
Joe Rocket Supermoto Gloves
Shoei-RF-1000 Diabolic helmet
Full length Jeans (no matter how hot out it is)

Old 07-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do you ride safe?

saw a guy riding the other day..... shorts.. flip flops.. NO shirt and glasses.. i was like wow

Old 07-22-2006, 03:09 PM

What possesses people? Does a rational thought ever run through their head?

Old 07-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

......and as I read this....... through my office window a 600 and some Suzuki goes by with two guys, no gear. They also had girls on the back with nothing on. Un-freekin-real. It was perfect timing.
Most people in the world lack simple common sense.
I've actually spent more time gearing up then it took to get where I wanted to go. Funny huh?
LJ

Old 07-22-2006, 03:51 PM

That's even worse... it's one thing to take your own life into your hands, but as soon as you have a passenger your sole responsibility is to protect their well-being. Nah, it's cool... I've geared up when I know I only had to go around the block as well! I digress.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:16 PM

gear is a hell of alot cheaper than a hospital bill, always geared up and well insured also....guys down here in memphis with their "accesory" bling machines(busas mostly) ride on I240 at about 120 in tshirts and shorts...their shrits are so big that they flap in their faces....and these guys want to race all the time...how the hell can you race when you can't see

Old 07-22-2006, 06:07 PM

Do you have a helmet law in Tennessee?

Old 07-22-2006, 06:41 PM

if im riding to work, i just wear my work cloths (shirt/pants) or if im just tooling around (t-shirt and jeans, maby jacket). if im out for a ride, then i get all geared up (icon jacket, j/r pants) and ALWAYS a full face lid and astars gloves no matter what.
i know **** can happen on way to work and tooling around, but i normally dont ride hard then. plus i find i ride alot harder when all geared up.

today i seen a couple guys on liter bikes tearing it up with shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops on. i BS'd with them at a light and said they are f'n crazy. then they asked if i was hot all geared up. i said better hot than with road rash all over my body if something were to happen. they didnt care for that comment too much and sped off.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:19 PM

well that is your insurance costs-when squid drops it & they will-they will need to go to the hospital every
6 months to have skin pulled off there asses to be placed on other damaged areas on there bodies
for along time-if they simply died it is done!!!-but usually not-the repair process lasts along time
and it is expensive!!!!!for alot of people
i am talking about people wearing shorts,no foot protection,and maybe a shirt/maybe not---SQUID!!
if i am out of line i apologize-seems like i have been doing alot of this lately!!!
good/important post-good job-thanks

Old 07-22-2006, 07:21 PM

I always wear my helmet, jacket, and gloves. Thinking about investing in pants and boots though. Wife rides with me the same amount of gear.

Quick Reply: Do you ride safe?