CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Cold Tire Low Side

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Tire Low Side

So I got out of my Bio classtonight atabout 6:45 and hopped on my bike in hopes ofa nice ridehome. It's cool up there but not really cold, maybe 55,so, as always, I let the bike warm up as I put my gear on. Hopped on and made my way toward the main enterance/exit so I could turn left toward I-5. Now, I have made this corner more times than I can count and gave consideration to tire & pavement temperature... Apparently it was too cool for sufficient traction because the *** end slid out and I met the pavement. censored: I felt the *** end go and tried to upright the bike while rolling off the throttle but it was too late. So damage includes: broken mirror bracket, scuffed front fairing, destroyed bar end, ripped grip, ground down, left control, broken air duct, dented and scratched tank, ground and bent slider, cracked and rashed left side engine cover, rashed passenger peg, scratched tail plastic, snapped the spool off, i think the rearset is ok, boot is oily, phone is f'd up, hip is bruised/sore and ego is also bruised. leaked oil the whole way home. Strange thing, I put too much oil in the bike last change so I had plenty to get home on. Oil level is at the top line so I'm not worried about that.
[/align]Strange I've never had a problem with cold tires and heard this problem exists, now I have first hand knowledge.
[/align]So, if anyone has an extra left side engine cover.. I'd like to buy it from you. [/align]
[/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cold Tire Low Side

dude that ssux. I have a question tho, cut or no cut sliders? I never seen a cut slider bend in a low speed lowside. If it was a no cut, it shows why they suck tho. Glad you are ok tho. heal quicl n hope ya find the parts ya need to get er going again.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:55 PM

The slider was on the bike when I got it. I honestly don't know what no-cut sliders is refering to. Looks like it just bolts right on. I can tell it's going to be fun taking off a bent bolt. Actually surprised it did bend. I was only doing about 15, maybe 20....
Nothing on me to heal really. I just need the side cover to ride, everything else can wait.
Thanks for the concern.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:07 PM

Not sure about youe model bike, but most bikes you have to cut a hole in the side fairing for the slider to go thru. No-cut sliders use a bracket to place the slider in existing opening in the fairing. They look pretty but the tend to bend in a crash, and causing more damage. I cant tell from the pix either lol

again glad your ok tho

Old 11-01-2007, 11:11 PM

The 954 is a no cut application,it has a bracket.Sorry about your accident,it also happened to me once.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Banned

frame slders just bolt to the top engine mounts, with new hardware.. there no such thing as a "no cut" slider for a 954.. those are for like the 1000rr type deals where you have to make a hole in a fairing

Old 11-02-2007, 07:16 AM

that sucks bad,the bike can be fixed!,but i am glad to hear that you made it through

o8

Old 11-02-2007, 07:22 AM

Stupid cold tires. Sorry to hear about your 'get-off'. On the good side, parts can be found while it's too cold to ride! Glad to hear you're ok.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:47 AM
VP

SUCKS!

I'm glad you're ok... looks like an easy fixer just a couple of plastics and such

Old 11-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Sorry about the lowside, sux. I do have some good news if my eyes are correct. Is your exhaust can a Yanashikislipon? If so I paid $250 to have my bikeDyno'ed with one so if you'd likea copy of it PM me (When it was Dynoed I had the BCM airfilter on, airbox stock and not pinned back, HTEV installed and working, O2 blockers installed and the HIV valve (?)blocked at the airbox (the thing that opens to let head air into the airbox)).

Quick Reply: Cold Tire Low Side