CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

clicking under seat (tank)? exhaust valve?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007 | 12:13 PM
|
Default clicking under seat (tank)? exhaust valve?

ya, i know its weird to see a normal thread but here it goes....
sometimes when i turn my key on, and push the switch to on and the lights and fuel pump kick on,
i hear this ticking....i traced it back to the round thing under the seat and has 2 cables running from it down to the exhaust.
i think this is some sort of exhaust valve that opens at high speeds...or i could just be full of crap.
anyways, it acts like its not rotating to the proper position, so i push on it a bit and it stops.
without taking my tank and seat off, is there a way to diable this thing or do i need it?
thanks in advance

Old 10-02-2007 | 02:55 PM
Default RE: clicking under seat? exhaust valve?

i had the same problem. I found one on ebay for $50. Its a not hard to change once u get the tank off.

Old 10-03-2007 | 05:06 PM

The little plastic gears inside the sorvo motor are most likeliy stripped. the sorvo motor controls the flapper valve in the air box and the backpresure valve in the exhaust header under the bike. If the servo motor can't operate the valves due to stripped gears then the exhaust valve can get stuck in aoverly restricted position causing poor performance. The ecm will also throw a fuel injection light on the display and put the engine into limp mode. The clicking noise you are hearing is the servo moter trying to do a self test when the key in first turned in to the run posision. when it fails it then throws the code and quits trying.

Old 10-03-2007 | 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: MASTER_T

The little plastic gears inside the sorvo motor are most likeliy stripped. the sorvo motor controls the flapper valve in the air box and the backpresure valve in the exhaust header under the bike. If the servo motor can't operate the valves due to stripped gears then the exhaust valve can get stuck in aoverly restricted position causing poor performance. The ecm will also throw a fuel injection light on the display and put the engine into limp mode. The clicking noise you are hearing is the servo moter trying to do a self test when the key in first turned in to the run posision. when it fails it then throws the code and quits trying.
+1
i have to add,make sure that the airbox and exhaust flaps are not jammed-if one of them is,you might destroy a new servo motor!!
just disconnect the cables pull/push and if there is no binding,then you are good to go with a new servo,also retime and adjust the
exhaust valve-will make a pleaseant difference!!

o8

Old 10-03-2007 | 09:47 PM
|

ah hell...thats why my engine light comes on prob.
is this what i need?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01...spagenameZWD1V

Old 10-04-2007 | 12:50 AM

Sorry, that's not it. You need to look for an exhaust valve servo motor. That is the exhaust valve.

Old 10-04-2007 | 12:55 PM

I am not sure if this one will interchange with the earlier ones. I do know that you would have to change the spool that the cables hook to (the aluminium part).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-ho...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-04-2007 | 01:04 PM
|

so this then?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-Ho...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-04-2007 | 02:05 PM

yup

Old 10-05-2007 | 06:43 AM

Does ur FI light blink the code 35. Which means 3 short and 5 long (or visa versa)...If thats the case, then yeah Servo is ur problem. Its common on the fireblades...=-)

Quick Reply: clicking under seat (tank)? exhaust valve?