CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

cbr 954 wrecked today...please look.help does any body have a left side stator cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation cbr 954 wrecked today...please look.help does any body have a left side stator cover

i have a cbr954 2002... i had a car come over in my lane with no blinkers or nothing at around 45, decideced she didnt want to turn came back in my lane and braked hard at a just lite yellow light.... i hit the breaks but it was already to late... i dont remember much this is my first time meeting the concrete and boy does it hurt... my hands are trashed literaly....my left arm and side is the same... but im smileing even after i wrecked.. i think ever body thought i was i was in shock or something all i could do was smile... i was alive and gratefull... i never thought it would be me sliding especially 20 feet atleast.... it was a rush and i love my helmet ( im glad i didnt go cheap).... i want my bike back... i lost the left mirror and the stator cover or billet cover is ****ed and bleed every where... i did have sliders but only on my handle bars.... fairings are scatched bad...

what should i do... should i just buy a stator cover and mirror and hope everything goes good... or should i wait till i have the money to take it to the shop...im a college student so that might be awhile... also whats the chance of it messing anything else up... i have insurance but im only 23 and really dont feel like paying the increase on my insurance or paying the the 1000 doller deductible... has any body else had this happen....what did it cost to fix... do u think i would have to replace anything else and is there anything i should look for other than what the eye see's ( i dint see no cracks) does any body have any extra parts they want to sell ( please if you do call 12283481851) mississippi drivers i hate them.... life well lived all day ever day....
PRESTON MCGUIRE STILL ALIVE AND LOVING IT... RIDE TILL I DIE

Old 09-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where you at fault?If not I would have the driver of the car pay for all the damages.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Question

no i wasnt at fault but the girl drove off... i have a thousand doller deductible and i dont have it right now

Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Get an estimate on the damages. I always have my insurance company give me the money and I get my vehicles fixed anytime I have a problem. So if the damages are like $2000 then ask your insurance to give you a check for $1000 and you will pay the rest to fix your bike. If they agree then take the $1000 they gave you and fix your bike for under 1k. They will estimate prices on new parts and some of the damaged parts may not have to be replaced or you can find used ones much cheaper. This way you should be able to fix your bike and may have some money left over.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:01 AM
October 2010 ROTM

The girl drove off after causing the accident!? Did you file a police report? Were witnesses there that verified your story that she caused it, then drove away?

I'd be hunting her down. Sorry to hear about your accident!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 PM

all the insurance companys ive dealt with take the dedictable out of the final check so you actually dont come outta pocket. at the same time if u go that route they might total the bike and u might lose the bike. sounds like mostly cosmetic damages. stator covers are cheap and chances of you damaging anything else behind that cover is low. simple fix. where are you located? maybe somewhere close to somebody wit a little more experience that could come help you out. if you were somewhat close i would no problem and help you put it back together free of charge.....its that simple of a job.....to get it "rid-able"

Old 09-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Default ouch

i think i can do it myself, im leaving the insurance company out of it... i think th the part will be easy to replace, i have already taken it off, thanks for the offer tho.....

Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 AM

NO FAULT!
NO FAULT!
NO FAULT!

for sure get the insurance compay involved. you'll get money out of this for sure. and it wont cost you a thing. not even a service increase. plus unless you chose limited collision on your insurance, when your not at fault the deductable does not apply to you....

i just had the same situation happen to me except it was a semi truck. :-(

good luck

Old 09-24-2010, 07:35 AM

Also

Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 AM

Try google shopping to seach a huge database for cheap parts.

Quick Reply: cbr 954 wrecked today...please look.help does any body have a left side stator cover