CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Bazooka gone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bazooka gone!

Thanks to Conrice and txsmainevent before him ... the bazooka is gone! Thank god I can be heard on the road finally. After a lot of angles and aches, I managed to do my first big (to me at least) customization on my bike. Now to decide what the next one will be ... any suggestions??

Before
Name:  IMAG0336.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  207.5 KB

After
Name:  IMAG0394.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  64.3 KB
Name:  IMAG0393.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  77.7 KB
Name:  IMAG0392.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  65.6 KB

Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hell yeah, that thing looks good on there. i hope you like it, and i hope you like the sound. i sure did

Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 AM

Very nice! I'm so sad I don't have my baby. I want another bike, a track only bike. Hello again gentleman!

Edit: Brotherhood of the traveling pipes!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Looks great... Very clean... So, how much louder is compared to your old set-up?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM

Well the stock pipe is so quiet people couldnt even hear me next to them. Now I'm told I can be heard way down the road. I love the deeper rumble it has.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Very nice! I'm so sad I don't have my baby. I want another bike, a track only bike. Hello again gentleman!

Edit: Brotherhood of the traveling pipes!
haha, glad to see you back on the forum. start lookin' for a bike! i remember you were interested in a duc when you were selling your '54, is that still what you're looking for?

Originally Posted by Fordhamjc
Well the stock pipe is so quiet people couldnt even hear me next to them. Now I'm told I can be heard way down the road. I love the deeper rumble it has.
ya, it's hard to describe, because it's technically a straight pipe, but it doesn't sound like just an exhaust with no can on it. it has a distinctive sound. and it's mean as hell. then there's the weight savings. that mid-pipe only weighs 5.6lbs wrapped up in a cardboard box, i never weighed the stock pipes, but damn it has to save a ton of weight.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM

Also Ive noticed at idle once its warmed up a bit ... It sounds a little like a Harley haha. The sound matches my truck so well.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
haha, glad to see you back on the forum. start lookin' for a bike! i remember you were interested in a duc when you were selling your '54, is that still what you're looking for?

ya, it's hard to describe, because it's technically a straight pipe, but it doesn't sound like just an exhaust with no can on it. it has a distinctive sound. and it's mean as hell. then there's the weight savings. that mid-pipe only weighs 5.6lbs wrapped up in a cardboard box, i never weighed the stock pipes, but damn it has to save a ton of weight.

Naw no Duc. Honda with all the race parts and no street parts. Looking for bikes with potential like wrecked or lost/no title.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Fordhamjc
Also Ive noticed at idle once its warmed up a bit ... It sounds a little like a Harley haha. The sound matches my truck so well.
a coworker of mine said that exact same thing when she heard it the first time. at idle it does a little bit

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Naw no Duc. Honda with all the race parts and no street parts. Looking for bikes with potential like wrecked or lost/no title.
right on. keep us posted.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:27 AM

Hey man,what about performance?? Did you notice any changes ??? I really liked your mod,thinking about doing it my self