CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

anyone use racing fuel???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone use racing fuel???

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

Race gas is a waste in that bike. Air cooled bikes with HIGH compression may need 110 race gas but 120? Not a chance in hell will it need that. Liquid cooled bikes with aluminum everything can get away with much lower octane and be fine. 93 is plenty. Dont waste your money. AND......it's not going to clean out anything. If you want to clean out your injectors........use 89 as it has ethonal in it and THAT will clean out your injectors with out causing harm to your bike.

He speaks the truth. It won't do much of anything for you. Although good race gas, C16, C12 etc. actually has slightly higher BTU density it's a pretty minimal amount. The big benefit of race gas comes with turbo applications or maximizing timing advanceand high compression motors that have to run on it all the time. You could get a benefit if you had a programmed ECU tuned for that fuel only.

Race fuel doesn't burn any hotter than normal fuel for the most part, nor does it burn any faster, it does burn more evenly though wide and smooth evaporation curve. Race gas is more stable as well.

Race gas doesn't clean your fuel system or anything else out. 112+ octane race gas has pretty heavy amounts of lead. It's toxic to handle it and not a good idea to breath it in, although I agree it does smell really good .

Last time I bought C16 it was more like $8 a gallon when buying 55 gallon drums. Where did you get $5 and cleans out your fuel system Joey?

Old 07-25-2007, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

Race gas is a waste in that bike. Air cooled bikes with HIGH compression may need 110 race gas but 120? Not a chance in hell will it need that. Liquid cooled bikes with aluminum everything can get away with much lower octane and be fine. 93 is plenty. Dont waste your money. AND......it's not going to clean out anything. If you want to clean out your injectors........use 89 as it has ethonal in it and THAT will clean out your injectors with out causing harm to your bike.
+1 93 is plenty
in my career as a german car auto-tech,i have never seen a clogged injector-unless something
bad was added to the fuel-such as water,diesel fuel,ect.-the problem fuel injectors get is carbon
build-up on the outside-which disrupts the spray pattern-a high octane fuel could posibly
"clean"-remove the carbon deposits-but that removed carbon deposit will find its way to
a valve seat-which can really f**k things up.good quality fuel injector cleaner takes care of this
not 120(which can actually work,but not the way you really want it to)
so my point is this
gix is right!!-93 is plenty and i must add-warm your bike up before you ride!!

[sm=icon_guiness.gif]
just thinking out loud
o8

Old 07-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

This is what race fuel is for..............

Old 07-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM

This is what race fuel is for..............
LOL.......sure enough. Cars with high compression.......or race bikes with SKY HIGH compression. Over 13:1 on bikes unless they are air cooled then it's not even that high. 11:5 in a car with aluminum heads before you start needing 100+ octane. High octane gas is only used to prevent "pinging" or detonation which occors because of very high compression and heat. On a HOT day with a motor running warm, it will detonate easier, same with high compression. That means it's setting off the flame before the piston reaches the firing point which "pings". Race gas is more resistant to pre detonation and thats it's only real function.

And...........it does certianly smell good after it's burnt.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:50 PM

[:@]JEALOUSY IS BURNING LIKE AVIATION FUEL

Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM

WHT THE BEST GRADE ENGINE OIL FOR THE 54

Old 07-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all up to what you like, i use full syntehic 10w40

Old 07-27-2007, 06:23 PM

here in sacramento california there is one gas station who sells 100 octane i guess its not bad than 120 so i should be fine as long as i mix? i alwayz wanted to try...........

Old 07-27-2007, 09:30 PM

you guess have opened my eyes on this...i was totally misinformed on 120.....but after this i will sooo tell the boys....what a waist of money i have spent thousands on 120 but you know what? i still love the smell....

Quick Reply: anyone use racing fuel???