CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

anyone use racing fuel???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone use racing fuel???

hey, just wondering if anyone here has used any race fuel in their 954? the bible says to use ANY grade fuel, but im worried if i use the cam2 or turbo blue that i will burn my rings. any input on this, and anyone know about any hp increase from doing so?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Default RE: anyone use racing fuel???

dude i use 120 octane every couple of tanks...one it helps clean the fuel system two it is fun to ride...but it is illegal in texas to use it on the street...but the only way pigs can tell is the whiteexhaust fumesleft in the exhaust....and you can smell it...if 120 octane isnt what your talking about then i dont know bc it is all i have ever used....average cost is about 5 bucks a gallon

Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 PM

joey, what kind of fuel is 120? you dont have any problems running it? will it mess up my motor at all?

thanks!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pilot friend used to use aviation fuel... but anything over 93 is not worth the money

Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 PM

Make sure you're using all of it up, or atleast mixing it. Most fuels like those are oxygenated fuels, and you don't want to leave it in the tank for too long by itself. It will do harm and you won't even know it, by gumming the injectors, etc...

These bikes were designed to run low octance/ low knock rating fuels for a reason because of the compression. Running that type of fuel has some benefits but not as much as if the engine were actually built to use those fuels correctly (they way they're suppose to be used).

Don't get me wrong, I use to run C12 VP racing in one of my old bikes and all of my bored two-stroke dirtbikes. Turbo blue, etc... do improve depending on how/if you have an EMS (engine management system) like Yoshi's or a PC. Plus, I love the smell of race gas. YEAH MAN, YEAH.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 PM

no i dont have any problems running it and i have put about 15000 mi. on my bike....about 8000 of that was run with race fuel...but i dont run straight race fuel i run half and half....and i only do it mostly to clean the fuel parts , not for performance...bobjoe is correct not worth the money if your looking for performance..

Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Illushun

Make sure you're using all of it up, or atleast mixing it. Most fuels like those are oxygenated fuels, and you don't want to leave it in the tank for too long by itself. It will do harm and you won't even know it, by gumming the injectors, etc...

These bikes were designed to run low octance/ low knock rating fuels for a reason because of the compression. Running that type of fuel has some benefits but not as much as if the engine were actually built to use those fuels correctly (they way they're suppose to be used).

Don't get me wrong, I use to run C12 VP racing in one of my old bikes and all of my bored two-stroke dirtbikes. Turbo blue, etc... do improve depending on how/if you have an EMS (engine management system) like Yoshi's or a PC. Plus, I love the smell of race gas. YEAH MAN, YEAH.
one of the best smells in the world

Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Race fuel and O2 sensors dont get along, if used too much you will burn them up.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:29 PM

Race gas is a waste in that bike. Air cooled bikes with HIGH compression may need 110 race gas but 120? Not a chance in hell will it need that. Liquid cooled bikes with aluminum everything can get away with much lower octane and be fine. 93 is plenty. Dont waste your money. AND......it's not going to clean out anything. If you want to clean out your injectors........use 89 as it has ethonal in it and THAT will clean out your injectors with out causing harm to your bike.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:40 PM

well, i thank you all for your imput. basicly i got it that it wont do much for me, and its expensive, and it wont hurt my bike as long as i mix it up. and your all right, it does smell great. so i guess the only thing i have to do is fire up the bike, and go fill up. thanks!

Quick Reply: anyone use racing fuel???