CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Anyone ever deal with a1asportbike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone ever deal with a1asportbike?

Well I got a rude response from them after my last E-Mail. So I'll post up the traffic and you guys can see how it worked. Looks like I'm not getting off to a good start inthe customization world already. I can see how the E-Mail was a bit mistaken I guess, but here's the uneddited version of the E-Mail traffic. Anyhow, this turned stupid and your IQ will probably drop a few points from such a childish issue, so if you don't want to read I understand. For those who do start at the bottomafter the line break and readup. What a waste of time. Probably won't get my cash back and I'm calling UPS now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sir,

I feel as thought the E-Mail may have been a bit misunderstood. While I do not wish to continue an argument over such a small thing as this link, I still feel it my duty to inform fellow riders that they need to find a shipping company that honors their wishes; whether it be UPS or another company. As I noted quite clearly in the previous E-Mail that, "I know it's not your fault..." I thought a business as prestigious as yours would have some sort of way to deal with this type of delay for the customers satisfaction. Which was the case for the E-Mail.

I would also like to show you the shipping times and locations for this link. The below information shows that UPS does indeed ship on Sat and Sun, (well atleast the item continued to move somehow)and today being the 16th would not have mattered if I ordered it any earlier. Since Fridaywas the 11th, the 12th would be Sat, and the 13th Sunday. Is this correct?

04/11/2008 5:44 PM Order and billing received 04/11/2008 7:14 Item leaves 04/12/2008 12:24 Arrives in Orlando 04/12/2008 3:25 AM Leaves Orlando 04/12/2008 7:14 AM Arrives in Jacksonville FL 04/13/2008 9:16 AM Leaves Jacksonville 04/13/2008 10:48 AM Arrives in Louisville KY 04/13/2008 3:40 PM Leaves KY 04/13/2008 4:08 PM arrives in Phoenix AZ 04/13/2008 5:12 PM Leaves AZ 04/13/2008 6:23 PM arrives in Ontario CA

After noting your reaction to a customers request it is apparent that you do not care what the customer wants nor are you in any way interested in helping them. Since my previous request of three day shipping was unrealistic, even if it were UPS's fault (and I do believe it was as stated in the E-Mail), I would like to make a more realistic request for you to refund my money and I will simply cancel my order and have UPS return it.

Regretfully,

[hr]

> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:23:11 -0500
> Subject: RE: 3 Day delivery fees
> From: BIZ@a1asportbike.com
> To:
> CC: luke@a1asportbike.com; helbob2@hotmail.com
>
> We do honour our shipping . What we do not do is reimburse customers for
> the shipping company mistake . We did not stop your packages in those
> places as you said “I know it's not your fault, as it got stranded in AZ
> for 26 hours or so, and now it's stuck in Ontario CA for more than 24
> hours and still pending release. “ Ups is the one holding up your package
> not us. If you track your package on the ups site you will see that we
> paid them for 3 day select shipping. We also shipped the package the next
> day . So again, I am sorry for the delay and the fact that our policy is
> not to be responsible for the SHIPPING company delaying your package. As
> far as you informing your fellow riders of your complaint I hope you
> explain to them word for word what you said in your first email. I am
> positive you will hear exactly the same thing I said about calling UPS
> because they are the ones who caused the delay. On another not

Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM

If nothing good comes out of this, at least the next new guy will know huh? lol

Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM

wildcard, you handled that the best you could....thank you for the headsup on this company.I wont be doing businees with them unless they are practically giving it away.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:23 PM

Well I hate to say this but it would appear that they (a1a) are correct. I was a bit mislead by UPS when I asked the status of my order they said it was in transit. This was on Monday, I think. So when I called them today they said that the days an Item spends in transit do not count towards the delivery time. WTF? Ok I got it, "In Transit (Truck)" and "In Transit (Plane) are two different things. This is what it means. If it is in route and UPS tracking shows it's making its way to you on Sat or Sun on a plane than those days do not count towards the three day delivery requirement. Which in my case means it can sit 2.5 hours away for the next two days for no good reason and still "technically" make it within the specified time frame. While I must say that learning the hard way is still learning, the one thing I noted is that a1a thinks of everycustomer as an individual and no "One individual" is worth their additional time to provide a good explanation or any additional customer service. I guess I waited all this time on my link and they already have my money, might as well cutt my losses right? Best of luck guys. Hope you learned as much as I did. lol.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 AM

I see the point of both you and that place. They did their part by getting your shipment out right away and on it's way. UPS did drop the ball and delay your 3 shipping and turned it into 7 day shipping. But since you paid for this shipping but you weren't the one dealing with UPS I think you contacting the company was the right move. They are the ones that have their business with UPS and they should have requested a refund on the 3 day shipping and extended this refund to you. But for them to write what they wrote in their letter about you not having a firm grasp of reality. That wasn't professional of them. So they have lost any of my future business. You are their customer and they should fight for you. I'm sorry to hear about all this, at least it wasn't anything important that was keeping you from riding! The only good news. So how long did it take for that part to finally get to you?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 AM

Still waiting on the part. I'm hoping for today, but well see.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:25 PM

In case you were following this, I finally got my link in. a1a did not reply to me when I asked for my money back so I will keep the link; I've waited long enough for it and paid for it. What a crappy thread. Learn from me I guess. I will be talking to UPS to get the differance back. Later.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 AM
VP

I agree with a1a ... you are just upset because you didn't get the part. They mailed it the day they said they would with the shipping you paid for. It's out of their hands the day it left the warehouse. The only person who is at fault here is the shipping company and even still. It's 2008. You have internet tracking. You can see exactly where it is. If it doesn't show up, you get your money back and buy another one.

Ask TK954 about frustration, I sent him a part and the freakin UPS guy opened the box because he wanted what was inside, resealed it then returned it as undeliverable [:@]

Old 04-18-2008, 05:33 PM

Well finally some good new in the deal. The owner called me on my cell phone today at work. He explains that the way his employee handled the situation was inappropriate and so on. We discussed the matter for a minute and I explained that I could see how things got misunderstood. Well he decided to refund me my money for the shipping, and gave me a number to call foe next time, which I deleted from the E-Mail. Read below.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir, once again I would like to apologize for the way our employee handled this situation. I have credited back your charge card the amount of 23.86 . If you have any questions please call me directly at ###-###-####. I do appreciate your understanding and calmness on this matter , and assure you that this is not the way we treat our customers.

Bryan Cullison
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He seemed very appologetic and all. They did as I asked and refunded my money, and he said that the situation was taken care of on his end. So I guess it worked out in the end. That's all I got about this. Iwas never upset with the company on their part of the shipping, just asked for some assitance in dealing with the selected shipping company, (UPS). Sounds like TK and VP have had their fair share of UPS too. What ever happened to a handshake and a guarantee? Later!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yea shipping blows, nice that someone did something for ya though, and you got some scratch back. I got nothing for having to wait an extra week. Hell if it would have came on time i would have gotten to ride the first weekend of the year that is was 70, i was the ONLY one in town not riding . WHERES MY reimbursement [:@]

j/k love ya VP

Quick Reply: Anyone ever deal with a1asportbike?